+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Eintracht Frankfurt v Aberdeen

Shinnie winna manage 90 minutes twice a week ony mair, think that's why he was hooked.

Robson used his squad a bit better but still not quite there. It will be interesting to see if they are all too tired on Sunday now.

Absolutely no disgrace there, we leave with our honour intact, which I think we’d have all taken.

Jensen, Devlin, Gartemann were all good. Roos excellent again. McGrath actually put in a shift.

Miovski is just not a lone striker. Effort was there but he’s just not an out ball in these games.

Clarkson absolutely anonymous - disappointing.

Polvara actually did ok - and that’s apart from the goal. Fair play.

I really don’t see anything in Ryan Duncan - just not a player at all for me I’m afraid.

Ruby, I believe was the one who let the boy get a free run at the corner - apologies if not but either way - nah, not for me. Surely this boy Williams must be better.

Good shape, application, discipline in the team tonight. Just the usual lack of any quality and a failure to do the basics too often.

They should take some confidence and a boost from that though, so happy enough overall. Got to do it on Sunday now or that’s all pretty pointless…

Once we manage to cut out the stupid misplaced passes we'll do ok, too many times we were so wasteful in possession.

Clarkson out of the starting 11 was the most disappointing player I thought, can't remember 1 thing he did in the whole match.

Gartemann gets my MOTM, perhaps now all the defenders have met each other we can kick on and finally keep a clean sheet.

McKenzie improved after his horror defending led to the penalty but should've been replaced before their 2nd as you could see the tiredness.

Overall can't complain too much, Frankfurt will most likely dominate this group and to come away with a single goal deficit is commendable.

It’s very unusual that there are so many positive posts after a defeat but it was a decent performance against a good side.

Really need to kick on now and get a win on Sunday.

Imagine having a flare to throw into a home end & not holding onto it for one more week. What a helmet.

I see hes been arrested. AFC should bill him the fine

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Imagine having a flare to throw into a home end & not holding onto it for one more week. What a helmet.

I see hes been arrested. AFC should bill him the fine
    Some melt on FBclaiming Don's fans were throwing drinks and spitting at German fans. ( Some TV feed there ?!!)

I've called him a Hun. "Ahm nae " cried the nyaff. Sorry , you're a filthy Hun . Facebook warning to me pops up. I feel abused !!!

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    It’s very unusual that there are so many positive posts after a defeat but it was a decent performance against a good side.

Really need to kick on now and get a win on Sunday.
    This

Now that we've got the most difficult game of the group stage out of the way, it should be plain sailing for us now in Europe.

I see the venue for the final holds 32,500. With the corporate sponsors and UEFA hingers-on probably getting 5k, that means we'll get little over 13,500 tickets for the game.

Only Top Reds with a Top Red point score of 1000+ will be able to get a ticket.

Scoreline better than expected, performance encouraging overall.

Couple of observations though.

On a few occasions, defenders appeared to be getting in each others way ... suggesting to me that 5 at the back is one too many.

Miovski was pretty isolated throughout. No question he put in a lot of effort, but little to show for it ( acknowledge though, he started the move which led to Polvara's goal). Similarly, Duk barely got a sniff.

Conclusion .... playing with a lone striker is like playin' wi' a man down ... might as well play a 5 man midfield. All reinforcing my view put forward in the 'Best XI' thread that we would do better set up as a 4-1-3-2 or a 4-4-2.

I am further convinced that Gartenmann is gonna be a top player for us, and would like to see him play in front of a 4 man defence (which, to me, Rubezic has not demonstrated he is good enough to be a part of).... and/or be played in place of Clarkson until the latter gets his act together.

Apart from that, canna complain

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast