+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Eintracht Frankfurt v Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Some melt on FBclaiming Don's fans were throwing drinks and spitting at German fans. ( Some TV feed there ?!!)

I've called him a Hun. "Ahm nae " cried the nyaff. Sorry , you're a filthy Hun . Facebook warning to me pops up. I feel abused !!!
    I was in the seating section upstairs so there was definitely empty plastic cups being thrown in both directions from and to our standing section at about the same time as the idiot threw the flare. I have to say that it looked to me as though we started it unfortunately. There was a pretty large gap between the fans though so absolutely no chance that we were spitting on their fans. The large gap meant that the plastic cups were doing little to no damage when landing - no excuse for chucking them of course.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    It’s very unusual that there are so many positive posts after a defeat but it was a decent performance against a good side.

Really need to kick on now and get a win on Sunday.
    Spot on Rico.
    Ok we lost but a pretty decent performance against one of the favorites to win the conf league so that should give a much needed confidence boost and hopefully we can kick on from here because till now our domestic form has been nothing short of fkn woeful.
    COYR let's do this

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I was in the seating section upstairs so there was definitely empty plastic cups being thrown in both directions from and to our standing section at about the same time as the idiot threw the flare. I have to say that it looked to me as though we started it unfortunately. There was a pretty large gap between the fans though so absolutely no chance that we were spitting on their fans. The large gap meant that the plastic cups were doing little to no damage when landing - no excuse for chucking them of course.
    I concur .
    We travelled on train with about 10 Aberdeen fans and 99.99% Eintracht fans who were great.
    Chatting, sharing beers singing all the way into the ground.
    So it was a pity some of ours were being bell ends.
    Having merch,beer,food available en route it was a bit of a change leaving the game on a muddy track in p1ssing rain in pitch black.The journey to the station being about 3 times the length of journey there.
    Fantastic experience overall which losing to fc hacken allowed ;-)
    ...game wise I thought hacken had more about them uo front than eintracht..
    We could have got a draw last night if not for the penalty

I suppose you could argue that if we had went ahead last night, that would have shocked Frankfurt in to dialing in a bit more. I'm guessing their support would have demanded they upped a gear.

But it still feels a bit like a missed opportunity. We had chances that were only missed due to a lack of composure. A bit rabbit in headlights when in front of goal by some of our players.

Conceding a goal to a corner like that drives me absolutely mental. It’s so easy to defend against.

I’m normally very glass half full but while we were organised and battled hard (and they looked pretty devoid of ideas for much of the second half) I couldn’t get beyond our difficulties in keeping the ball when we had it. Not sure how often we made more than 2 maximum 3 passes before giving it away.

Maybe it was fatigue, maybe panic or maybe we were just outnumbered in midfield because of the formation but I expected a bit more composure on the ball. 100-ish successful passes all night versus their 600.

That said, pleased with the result and the strength of character. Hoping they take confidence from it. Was worth the 90 minutes of nail biting just for the look of joy on Polvara’s face.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    I’m normally very glass half full but while we were organised and battled hard (and they looked pretty devoid of ideas for much of the second half) I couldn’t get beyond our difficulties in keeping the ball when we had it. Not sure how often we made more than 2 maximum 3 passes before giving it away.

Maybe it was fatigue, maybe panic or maybe we were just outnumbered in midfield because of the formation but I expected a bit more composure on the ball. 100-ish successful passes all night versus their 600.

That said, pleased with the result and the strength of character. Hoping they take confidence from it. Was worth the 90 minutes of nail biting just for the look of joy on Polvara’s face.
    Polvaro is beginning to look like a player,eh ? Maybe European football suits us !!!

This is the start of the beginning Barry Robson is learning , his youngster are learning. And the number of experiencedEuropean players wenow have suits this competition. ?

Now back to the rush,rush & press of Scottish domestic game. Where our "cultured" foreigners learn a different way to play !!!!

Please Bazza keep them playing it on the ground. Scrap the goofball , and we can start managing to put more than two passes together. ( Err, like Hacken away ? Y"ken min ?!!)

I see there won't be any Frankfurt fans at Pittodrie. UEFA have banned them due to pyro and chucking stuff in Helsinki plus a £30K fine. Not their first offence hence the ban

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I see there won't be any Frankfurt fans at Pittodrie. UEFA have banned them due to pyro and chucking stuff in Helsinki plus a £30K fine. Not their first offence hence the ban
    Ouch. I presume flights, accommodation etc will already have been bought by a lot of them.

They will maybe just buy tickets for the home sections!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast