+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Missing Paul Warne?

Millers legend,3 promotions and a cup win,all from a novice manager,I doubt we will ever see that again,as others have said I don`t think Taylor`s type of character is very different to Warne`s,if most of us were being honest,you`d rather be surrounded by decent people than a bunch of arseh*les,but that`s not very manly is it ?
    He won`t come back,and he will probably get the sack in the new year if they aren`t in the top 6,I miss his sense of humour and intelligence,rare combination in a football manager.
    I think it was 14 points from 9 games last season when he left last season,will we have any more this season ?

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    I think it was 14 points from 9 games last season when he left last season,will we have any more this season ?
    My grammar school maths tells me that is highly unlikely

No
    I enjoyed the success under him and will always be grateful for those memories.
    He isn't a championship manager, 3 attempts and 3 failures, yes we started well last season but that didn't mean it would continue.
    I also don't like the way he left, taking the whole coaching team in one day, that left us in a mess for a crucial home game. I don't like some of his comments about Rotherham and his time there either, I think he thinks too much of himself and forgets how lucky he is that he was given a chance and how TS stood by him after that awful start to his first League 1 campaign and the relegations. 2 mins of David Ball magic saved his job on 8th December that year.
    I wish him all the best but not at Derby and that is because I can't stand Derby

Warney leaving was a win win for us because he had taken us up and probably thought he would find it difficult to keep us up the way he plays.We replaced him with a manager who has transformed the way we play now and we collected over 500k compensation for Warney's departure.Derby came in offered him better wages and a good chance to repeat another league one promotion,which he was obviosly going to take.At this moment in time it looks like Derby may struggle but don't give up hope because after an early slow start two years back, we then went on to win a lot of matches to take us top of the league.I would stick with him,he'll do it for you.Bite your lip and give him full support.

I think everyone on this thread has made some very good points and because a Derby fan has opened it,it makes it more interesting. Warne did really well for us a reluctant manager but the idea from the Derby faithful that he was without criticism from the NYS faithful,is not true.The other idea that he got promoted from League 1 3 times on a shoe string budget is also not true.We had one of the healthiest budgets in the league,not the best,but certainly top 6.Like many have said,going back in football never seems to work,so for that reason I wouldn't have him back.In any case,I like MT.We were awful at Huddersfield and we will be awful again this season but I really believe he knows where he wants to take us.

Warne a Millers legend? Yes.
    Taken us as far as he could? Probably.
    Would I swap Warne for Taylor? No
    Might I come to regret that. Possibly.
    Could any other manager keep us up on our budget? Yes, but we couldn't afford them either. Punts from the lower leagues are our thing and rightly so.
    Have Warne and Taylor, together with Evans and Warnock given me the best decade in my 50 years of supporting the Millers? Yep. Been great. Appreciate them all.

People tend to forget that Barker(and to a lesser extent Hamshaw) did the coaching. Warne was a very effective front man. That reliance on his 60's style mates may well cost him but by then he'll be comfortably well off.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miller View Post
    No thank you. I wouldn't even want Robins back and he's a stellar class apart. As with exes... never go back
    Steve, Your'e joking about Robins...surely? Now that is one Manager i have total admiration for. He only missed out taking Coventry to the Prem didn't he? the crap he's had to deal with at Coventry over the past two seasons and what he has delivered has been phenomenal.

Robin's proven championship manager. Warney missed his chance to try at that level but both left us so doubt very much TS would have them back. Latter was grateful Derby took him off our hands needed a change.

No not one bit .He been found out for the sub standard manager he is .He went into Derby with them 7th did not improve despite having a large budget for that league . Now this season with a pre season behind him hes still not performing . Have him back not in a million years.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast