+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Missing Paul Warne?

Missing Paul Warne?

It would be interesting to hear what supporters thoughts are, a year on from his departure. If he was available again would Rotherham fans be wishing for his return?

At Derby there's a lot of unrest right now with him, the limited style of play, the unwillingness to change the system in a game and always bypassing midfield. It's wing-backs or else, it's never more than 2-3 passes and recovering from a goal down is usually unlikely. A lot of potential signings seem to disappear, and the standard of loans means a trip to Wikipedia to find out who they are, giving the impression playing for a Warne side is not much fun. Derby have got some easy games on paper before the next international break, so I think he is safe, but come Christmas it may well change. And Liam Rosenior, dumped to make way, he's working wonders at Hull.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabbags View Post
    It would be interesting to hear what supporters thoughts are, a year on from his departure. If he was available again would Rotherham fans be wishing for his return?

At Derby there's a lot of unrest right now with him, the limited style of play, the unwillingness to change the system in a game and always bypassing midfield. It's wing-backs or else, it's never more than 2-3 passes and recovering from a goal down is usually unlikely. A lot of potential signings seem to disappear, and the standard of loans means a trip to Wikipedia to find out who they are, giving the impression playing for a Warne side is not much fun. Derby have got some easy games on paper before the next international break, so I think he is safe, but come Christmas it may well change. And Liam Rosenior, dumped to make way, he's working wonders at Hull.
    Are you a derby fan?

These are all warney traits you talk about

I laughed out loud when I read this thread. It was just like millers fans posting a couple of years back

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/41959-can-...ince-arriving/

Still, if he gets the boot he will have made his money out of footy.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 18-09-2023 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Are you a derby fan?

These are all warney traits you talk about

I laughed out loud when I read this thread. It was just like millers fans posting a couple of years back

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/41959-can-...ince-arriving/

Still, if he gets the boot he will have made his money out of footy.
    Yes, and have never been a Warney fan. I never enjoyed playing Rotherham because of the way the game would be played I saw Rotherham last season and thought it was a vast improvement for your fans. 'Most players have beards' appears to be the best that Derby fans can come up with what improvements have there been since he arrived.

Don't get me wrong he did a good job at Rotherham in league 1 but they were his team he built from scratch. He kept all the good eggs and removed the bad eggs. Fortunately for us the bad eggs werent much cop but Derby prob have some bad eggs who are actually good players. How would he deal with them? Would they buy into his coaching? Would the fans? The emphasis on running is not gonna go down well with players if they are used to a passing game.Ours never were.

He may take you up but the pressures are much greater on him at Derby and fans a lot less forgiving.

Would i have him back? Yes if we really dropped down the leagues and we needed to start all over again.

I am hoping that MT may be the next stage manager we need to keep us on the up. He seems to be able to recruit players of decent quality that PW never could. He is not a "it has to be a good guy character" recruiter. He has at last started to get us to pass the ball a bit as well. He can be naive though. The CB saga is a farce and could very well be the catalyst to take us down.

Going back to Warne like i say he has made his money now so prob wont be bothered that much if he gets the boot and good luck to him he never would have earned that with us.. If he did get the boot he would prob end up with a lower league club out on its arse a bit and do quite well eg Oldham one of his old clubs.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 18-09-2023 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabbags View Post

I'm very good mates with a Derby fan who said to me in April that the irony here is that Derby have poached the wrong manager because the manager they should have poached is now the manager of the club that the manager that they did poach was poached from!

Im still trying to work that one out JB!

Im still trying to work that one out JB!
    That was the idea........it may help a few on here pass some time before we kick-off against Millwall!

I'm gonna go Rosenior cos mi brain can only cope with so much addling!

On hind sight perhaps we should have gone for him!

Don't get me wrong he did a good job at Rotherham in league 1 but they were his team he built from scratch. He kept all the good eggs and removed the bad eggs. Fortunately for us the bad eggs werent much cop but Derby prob have some bad eggs who are actually good players. How would he deal with them? Would they buy into his coaching? Would the fans? The emphasis on running is not gonna go down well with players if they are used to a passing game.Ours never were.

He may take you up but the pressures are much greater on him at Derby and fans a lot less forgiving.

Would i have him back? Yes if we really dropped down the leagues and we needed to start all over again.

I am hoping that MT may be the next stage manager we need to keep us on the up. He seems to be able to recruit players of decent quality that PW never could. He is not a "it has to be a good guy character" recruiter. He has at last started to get us to pass the ball a bit as well. He can be naive though. The CB saga is a farce and could very well be the catalyst to take us down.

Going back to Warne like i say he has made his money now so prob wont be bothered that much if he gets the boot and good luck to him he never would have earned that with us.. If he did get the boot he would prob end up with a lower league club out on its arse a bit and do quite well eg Oldham one of his old clubs.
    It's incredible reading like you say Roly. It's like a thread from this forum has been copied and pasted from 2 years ago!

Cardwell?

Yes my brain hurts

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast