+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Media Bias

O/T:- Media Bias

New thread for Media Bias debate.

I blame Thatcher.

CNN technical director Charlie Chester was filmed undercover talking about how Climate Change was going to be the next thing at the time Covid hysteria was petering out.

"We're going to start mainly focussing on Climate Change..... The next pandemic like story that we're going to beat to death.... they'll probably be able to milk that for quite a bit"

https://youtu.be/fkXsOes3CnM?t=12

I'm still alive, I can still breathe the air the sky is blue, Notts might go up again. My kids are all well and I have money in the bank. Personally I reckon life is pretty good. But then I try not to read the news. You'll be amazed what happens if you don't!

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    CNN technical director Charlie Chester was filmed undercover talking about how Climate Change was going to be the next thing at the time Covid hysteria was petering out.

"We're going to start mainly focussing on Climate Change..... The next pandemic like story that we're going to beat to death.... they'll probably be able to milk that for quite a bit"

https://youtu.be/fkXsOes3CnM?t=12
    This week I'll mainly be concentrating on Climate change

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    "Twenty-four-hour news networks are built for one thing, and that’s 9/11. There are very few events that would justify being covered 24 hours a day, seven days a week. So in the absence of urgency, they have to create it. You create urgency through conflict."

Jon Stewart. He was right. Whatever the facts of climate change, and there's another thread for that, it's undoubtedly true that there is conflict around it.

... there we have it ... media gives the politicians a bone to chew ... climate change ... covid 1... now we have covid 2. The politicians know sweet f a; that's why we have individuals in the media pretending to issue authoritative information/appear as experts when they also know sweet f a. Next, will be the lazy, greedy motor trade and their c-rap battery powered pretending the higher priced vehicles are value for money; nobody asks them what to do with the old batteries ... funny that ...

Nobody questioned all the oil used to create all the plastic sheilds in all shops, offices, hospitals etc etc around the world. Very convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... there we have it ... media gives the politicians a bone to chew ... climate change ... covid 1... now we have covid 2. The politicians know sweet f a; that's why we have individuals in the media pretending to issue authoritative information/appear as experts when they also know sweet f a. Next, will be the lazy, greedy motor trade and their c-rap battery powered pretending the higher priced vehicles are value for money; nobody asks them what to do with the old batteries ... funny that ...
    The batteries will be re-cycled, one side of the battery (can’t remember off the top of my head whether it’s the negative or positive side is fully recyclable) and the prices will come down, I will dig out a video from the University of Warwick on the whole re-cycling process.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I stopped watching BBC and ITV news, not only because I found them hard to take seriously, but because they were essentially becoming vehicles for the News presenters to just give opinions not news. The fact I disagreed with a lot of what they said was by the by.
    Brilliant! So you decided to get your 'balanced' news from a right wing channel because you liked their opinions!

You are the gift that keeps on giving.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast