+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: We are doomed

We are doomed

Not just relegation this year but no bouncing back next season !

Having evaluated our strike force that’s the ONLY conclusion that can be drawn ?

Nombe 1 million man on huge wages with a 4 year contract

Hughill 2/5 years left on his contract on 10k + a week

Eaves 1/5 years left on his contract also on 10K +

None of these can score goals and are nowhere near championship standard !

Nobody will take any of these players off our hands, so we are stuck. This will stop any manager bringing in a decent striker, and with the drop in income of £7 million plus we will disappear into the background.

Pessimistic I know but most likely !

You can’t judge Nombe yet look at the third goal last night for them. When has he had a chance like that? We haven’t given him any service yet.
    If Bradshaw played for us he would be labelled as crap.
    We give them no service.
    We’re early in the season I think a little patience is required to say we’re doomed already imo is just nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    You can’t judge Nombe yet look at the third goal last night for them. When has he had a chance like that? We haven’t given him any service yet.
    If Bradshaw played for us he would be labelled as crap.
    We give them no service.
    We’re early in the season I think a little patience is required to say we’re doomed already imo is just nonsense.
    Come back at the end of the season and tell me different ! He’s not had one decent touch of the ball yet, never going to play regular anyway ?
    Another player stealing a wage Arfin, don’t know what his purpose in life is ?

Ridiculously early to judge Nombe's quality. Get a grip man!

The worrying thing is that we have paid a lot of money for him but he doesn't seem to fit our style of play/the system. That's not on Sam. Be good to see what he can do with 2 up top and ball played on the deck more.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Come back at the end of the season and tell me different ! He’s not had one decent touch of the ball yet, never going to play regular anyway ?
    Another player stealing a wage Arfin, don’t know what his purpose in life is ?
    Th service comment is valid if we were judging him on goals scored but so far he has shown a lack of ability, to control a ball and do a simple layoff, alright he is playing in a new team a team with very low confidence, but such basic skills can't be about confidence, he is a professional footballer for gods sake not a young kid from the juniors. So far two of MTs big signings have gone off at half-time in their first start this season, that is not good. Talking of which where is our club captain exactly, whats wrong with him this time if he plays 10 full games this season it will be a miracle.

Barlaser was labelled as crap at the beginning.
    Smith was labelled as crap at the beginning.
    Rodak the same

I could go on honestly to write a player off already because of a few poor touches is well I have no words.

Eaves was 3 year deal and Hugill 3.5yr deal

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Barlaser was labelled as crap at the beginning.
    Smith was labelled as crap at the beginning.
    Rodak the same

I could go on honestly to write a player off already because of a few poor touches is well I have no words.
    He’s not had a good touch ! the manager not showing much faith in him and as I said he’s not going to play that often ?

As for service where do you think that’s going to come from ? We are too busy clearing our lines ! I’m not saying he’s not capable of scoring a few goals but he won’t get that opportunity here ?

Bit unfair the comments bout nombe, see where we are at Christmas before we throw our toys out of the pram .

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast