+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: We are doomed

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Not disagreeing with that either, but surely that's the reality of what's happening, TS decides what is and what isn't a good risk at any particular moment.

Aspirations and plans are made but in reality changing factors can scupper those plans very quickly. It might look like backtracking but really it's just steering the boat around life's icebergs
    very true

Quote Originally Posted by thaimillerfan View Post
    Need to Gel as a team it will come together believe me I have that feeling
    Are you sure ?

Quote Originally Posted by UlleyMiller View Post
    Apparently not. For some he is literally beyond criticism. And these people get to vote.
    Ulley he's not beyond reproach and never will be, it's the things he's done for the club and the town folk of Rotherham he gets my praise for.

Tony Stewart will be thinking, money saved, the club dropping to league one.

Club doesn't need away end extending, Roundwood facilities are adequate for a league one club.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    DM, so you think TS is just hanging around for the Centenary glory? Well my take on that is so he should. Where would this club be now without him and his personal wealth that has kept us going for the last 14 years? Some say how long can the plaudits go on for Tony Stewart, I say forever while ever he is in charge.

I do note your point though how promises of certain aspects, ie; training facilities would improve and have only very marginally done so and still no decent outdoor training pitch to use, not conducive to forward progression and making the facilities more attractive to inviting players to sign for us.

The extension to the stadium if over 8,000 S/T's were sold? I was never for that from the off, we can't even fill it with our own fans so for me that would have been money wasted. As it is it's never happened anyway.

One thing that will be interesting to read is what spin Tony puts out to entice us to part with our money for League 1 football? The corporate price is going up with a hefty increase so I wouldn't be surprised to see S'T's increase even though we are dropping the League 1. Can't complain can we, there hasn't been an increase on S/T's for over 10 years. Maybe if he had done so through the last 10 then maybe, he would have had more cash flow to give to managers for higher marquee signings. He can't win either way, who'd be a Chairman of a football club heh?
    Brin, our Corporate price has come down £300 each from what we paid for this season, if we sign up for 3 season, and the price is frozen for the 3yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Brin, our Corporate price has come down £300 each from what we paid for this season, if we sign up for 3 season, and the price is frozen for the 3yrs.
    I’ve been told it’s gone up to £2200 inc VAT for next season. That equates to £95.96 a match.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I’ve been told it’s gone up to £2200 inc VAT for next season. That equates to £95.96 a match.
    I'll stick to going in the 'Angel' with family & friends, with some home made snap.
    Wednesday game our lass cooked a ham & sausage rolls, I ended up doing 18 breadcakes/ham & 3 bags sausage rolls,
    all eaten, a young Millers fan kept coming to table for sausage rolls & a ham/breadcake, he stuffed his pockets with
    sausage rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    It isn't about spending his money, he chose to be chairman, he chose to own a football club, he is smart enough to know what that means in terms of financial investment and expectations of football plans, there shouldn't be any surprises. Any rational sane person would know that if you go to press and say you intend to do something and then you don't people will ask questions and expect an answer.
    I agree with this and I also think the fans are entitled to an explanation about why the development of the club's own training facilities hasn't happened despite the land being purchased 13 years ago.
    Successive managers have all described the Roundwood facilities as inadequate but TS simply tells us that £2 million has been spent to enhance them and there will be further expenditure this year to improve the drainage.
    It's just putting a sticking plaster on top of all the other sticking plasters and the club doesn't own the facilities anyway. Bizarre.
    If the money isn't there to build at Brinsworth/Tinsley just say so, similarly if there have been planning obstacles just say so but maybe there would also need to be an explanation of why these things weren't fully evaluated before the land was purchased.
    It's unlikely to happen though after all this time and apparently it's not the sort of thing our tame local journalists are brave enough to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I agree with this and I also think the fans are entitled to an explanation about why the development of the club's own training facilities hasn't happened despite the land being purchased 13 years ago.
    Successive managers have all described the Roundwood facilities as inadequate but TS simply tells us that £2 million has been spent to enhance them and there will be further expenditure this year to improve the drainage.
    It's just putting a sticking plaster on top of all the other sticking plasters and the club doesn't own the facilities anyway. Bizarre.
    If the money isn't there to build at Brinsworth/Tinsley just say so, similarly if there have been planning obstacles just say so but maybe there would also need to be an explanation of why these things weren't fully evaluated before the land was purchased.
    It's unlikely to happen though after all this time and apparently it's not the sort of thing our tame local journalists are brave enough to ask.
    They are not journalists, there are very few real journalists left now they are just reporters, that are more interested in being in the limelight themselves. They are scared if they ask hard questions then they won't get the next interview or will be banned from the club, pathetic really.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    They are not journalists, there are very few real journalists left now they are just reporters, that are more interested in being in the limelight themselves. They are scared if they ask hard questions then they won't get the next interview or will be banned from the club, pathetic really.
    Bit harsh.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast