+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: We are doomed

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMiller View Post
    As stated on a previous thread, the disparity between home and away performances is alarming and something we need to fix post haste. But the home performances show that there is something within this team that can get results.

We were playing really well against Blackburn until the ref lost his head, 1 point should have been 3
    We played very well against Leicester and had a goal that looked perfectly fine disallowed. 0 points should have been 1
    We played out of our skins and beat an in form Norwich. 3 deserved points.

If not for officiating blunders/negligence we should be on 7 points. The performances were easily worthy of that. Yes, we have some big problems to fix and there is no doubting that. But we have shown that we can do it, we just need that to work more on the road.

Hopefully we can pick back up our home form against Preston and get some much needed confidence back after the international break and two dire away showings.
    The ref didn't lose his head he did exactly what are in the laws of the game. The problem we had is that all referees don't apply them as strictly as what he did and actually should do.

(Note : It's often useful to use the Reply With Quote option when you are replying to another post, especially on long threads. I added it in here for context. CAM)
    Last edited by CAMiller; 21-09-2023 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    ^^^^^^^^

What this person says....

Oh, and welcome onboard Milesaway
    Cheers Brin

Been lurking the last couple of seasons and couldn't remember my old log in so set up a new.
    Been in Australia since 2007 so often my on the terrace memories are from the 90s and 2000s. The club has totally transformed since those days so it's easy to remain optimistic..... or just grateful we even have a club!
    We've come a long way and continue to punch above our weight so I'm happy to support the team through thick and thin.
    UTM

Quote Originally Posted by MAMiller View Post
    The ref didn't lose his head he did exactly what are in the laws of the game. The problem we had is that all referees don't apply them as strictly as what he did and actually should do.)
    That wasn’t the issue as I saw it.
    It was because he didn’t apply the same strict rules to Blackburn

If he had been consistent, the scorer of both of their goals would have been sent off before he scored
    No goalscorer and down to ten men. Highly likely to have been 3 points for us

The ref has also latterly admitted that the first yellow card in our sending off should not have been issued
    Last edited by flourbasher; 21-09-2023 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    You can’t judge Nombe yet look at the third goal last night for them. When has he had a chance like that? We haven’t given him any service yet.
    If Bradshaw played for us he would be labelled as crap.
    We give them no service.
    We’re early in the season I think a little patience is required to say we’re doomed already imo is just nonsense.
    What’s your thoughts on my post now ?

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    What’s your thoughts on my post now ?
    I think Eaves and Nombe will do ok in L1, they are not Championship level but in that leage they will be decent. Hugill has an escape clause (so the rumour says) I think he will invoke that clause and he is a Championship journeyman there will be some sucker that takes him on (Hopefully Derby or Wednesday), as long as LR doesn't bring in the non-league level donkey Wyke and goes for some pace on loan from a higher club it might not be as bad as you think.

Eaves next to useless even for league 1. Nombe he's a box player won't see best of him till he gets chances in there. LR Kelly we're going nowhere with them in charge players fans know that. TS must!

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Eaves next to useless even for league 1. Nombe he's a box player won't see best of him till he gets chances in there. LR Kelly we're going nowhere with them in charge players fans know that. TS must!
    TS credability would be zero if he drops LR now or even at the end of the season, he will get until Christmas with TS expecting us to be top 6, that is exactly what he did with PW. TS has no intention of investing properly into the club and I suspect his exit strategy has already started and at the end of next season he will have gone or be in the process of going, he wants the centinary glory. The whole joke around the infrastructure shows that, we were promised a state of the art facility in 2016/17 and we have two waterlogged pitches with some basic facilities, and no commitment to do anything except drain some of the water away. People that think our training facilities are not a key requirement for sustained success amaze me, if that were true why do clubs build those facilities.

Stewart's credibility would be on a high if:
    He acted decisively now
    Showed he knows what we already know
    Admit he dropped another clanger
    And got rid of the management team.
    Other clubs act fast when they need to. Why postpone the inevitable?

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    TS credability would be zero if he drops LR now or even at the end of the season, he will get until Christmas with TS expecting us to be top 6, that is exactly what he did with PW. TS has no intention of investing properly into the club and I suspect his exit strategy has already started and at the end of next season he will have gone or be in the process of going, he wants the centinary glory. The whole joke around the infrastructure shows that, we were promised a state of the art facility in 2016/17 and we have two waterlogged pitches with some basic facilities, and no commitment to do anything except drain some of the water away. People that think our training facilities are not a key requirement for sustained success amaze me, if that were true why do clubs build those facilities.
    DM, so you think TS is just hanging around for the Centenary glory? Well my take on that is so he should. Where would this club be now without him and his personal wealth that has kept us going for the last 14 years? Some say how long can the plaudits go on for Tony Stewart, I say forever while ever he is in charge.

I do note your point though how promises of certain aspects, ie; training facilities would improve and have only very marginally done so and still no decent outdoor training pitch to use, not conducive to forward progression and making the facilities more attractive to inviting players to sign for us.

The extension to the stadium if over 8,000 S/T's were sold? I was never for that from the off, we can't even fill it with our own fans so for me that would have been money wasted. As it is it's never happened anyway.

One thing that will be interesting to read is what spin Tony puts out to entice us to part with our money for League 1 football? The corporate price is going up with a hefty increase so I wouldn't be surprised to see S'T's increase even though we are dropping the League 1. Can't complain can we, there hasn't been an increase on S/T's for over 10 years. Maybe if he had done so through the last 10 then maybe, he would have had more cash flow to give to managers for higher marquee signings. He can't win either way, who'd be a Chairman of a football club heh?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Some say how long can the plaudits go on for Tony Stewart, I say forever while ever he is in charge.
    It's very difficult to separate parody from absurd perspectives on here.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast