+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camulodunum

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    ... But, and its a big but, what resilience, what effort, what commitment!! All credit to the players, they worked their socks off.
    Bang on !!

Bit of a cliché but perhaps we scored the 2 goals 'too early in the game' (?)

Big up to the support from the fans - love the fist pumps from Tabs after the final whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Bang on !!

Bit of a cliché but perhaps we scored the 2 goals 'too early in the game' (?)

Big up to the support from the fans - love the fist pumps from Tabs after the final whistle.
    2 nil up after 7 minutes is not what we have come to expect and it didn't really do us too many favours. What is impressive (amongst other things) is the team spirit and the obvious willingness to graft for each other. Long is a classic example of this. Last season when substituted he seemed surly and unhappy with his manager, Yesterday, as he was walking off he was cranking up everyone left on the pitch in a red shirt. CBR is another example. Earlier this season I felt he was disinterested and somewhat sulky. Yesterday he had an outstanding game doing things very out of character for CBR. Offord appears to be back to his best after an indifferent patch in the second half of last season. Demetriou has ensured that MacDonald has not been missed and Tabiner gets better with every game.
    I am not in the slightest bit interested in talk of promotion or playoffs at this stage because get 2 or 3 injuries in key positions and it could all unravel. I may feel differently in January if we are still there or thereabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    2 nil up after 7 minutes is not what we have come to expect and it didn't really do us too many favours. What is impressive (amongst other things) is the team spirit and the obvious willingness to graft for each other. Long is a classic example of this. Last season when substituted he seemed surly and unhappy with his manager, Yesterday, as he was walking off he was cranking up everyone left on the pitch in a red shirt. CBR is another example. Earlier this season I felt he was disinterested and somewhat sulky. Yesterday he had an outstanding game doing things very out of character for CBR. Offord appears to be back to his best after an indifferent patch in the second half of last season. Demetriou has ensured that MacDonald has not been missed and Tabiner gets better with every game.
    I am not in the slightest bit interested in talk of promotion or playoffs at this stage because get 2 or 3 injuries in key positions and it could all unravel. I may feel differently in January if we are still there or thereabouts.

Agree Timmy 100% keeping these players fit is key this team is more than good enough to be up there at the business end of the season. The management team have recruited well and have been fortunate to inherit a good crop of youngsters but I take my hat off to them because they have them playing like a team prepared to put the graft in and die for each other as was evident yesterday in a game where we did not play as well as we have done and in other seasons we would have probably lost. Finally we have a decent bench where the manager can ring the changes without weakening the team what a huge difference that makes.

[QUOTE=Wartman;40359194 The management team have recruited well and have been fortunate to inherit a good crop of youngsters.[/QUOTE]

It is also worth pointing out that we seem to be getting said youngster on decent length contracts with options. Definite progress

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12