+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Big changes needed

Big changes needed

Despite the entertainment,we looked awful defensively.
    JDT needs to be strong now and at the very least,drop pears.
    There was probably 3 players who could say they played well.
    The rest need to up their game ahead of a must win game against Cardiff.

For some reason,I thought the cardiff game was a league game.
    Leicester next😫
    We could slip very fast if we are not careful.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Despite the entertainment,we looked awful defensively.
    JDT needs to be strong now and at the very least,drop pears.
    There was probably 3 players who could say they played well.
    The rest need to up their game ahead of a must win game against Cardiff.
    Yeah Pears needs dropping. He was at fault for their 4 goals I thought.
    Wharton is too light weight for holding CM. Our midfield is non existent. Play Wharton up alongside Szmodics. He is wasted further back. And leaves us wide open. Travis & Tronstadt holding CM to give us cover. Drop Carter. Play Hill.
    JDT will be off in the next few games.

I can see him leaving before Christmas.
    Not through results but probably the talent that's come in.
    He really wants to improve the side but has nothing but shirt buttons to do it with.
    I think JDT will play a half and half team against Cardiff(youth and experience),I would damn well make sure the team looks very similar to the one that lost on Saturday.
    Quite a few need to look back at their performance and play for their place.
    Szmodics,sigurdsson and Leonard are the only ones in my opinion who deserve the night off.
    The rest should be playing for a place in saturday's team.

A good win,a trip to Chelsea in the next round..A winnable game.

I can see him leaving before Christmas.
    Not through results but probably the talent that's come in.
    He really wants to improve the side but has nothing but shirt buttons to do it with.
    I think JDT will play a half and half team against Cardiff(youth and experience),I would damn well make sure the team looks very similar to the one that lost on Saturday.
    Quite a few need to look back at their performance and play for their place.
    Szmodics,sigurdsson and Leonard are the only ones in my opinion who deserve the night off.
    The rest should be playing for a place in saturday's team.
    Way too early to slate every signing.
    Szmodics was called crap too early and is our best player. Radiculous.
    Sigurdson will be one of the best players signed in years. For next to nothing. Much better than Brereton and Armstrong.
    Hill will prove to be a good loan.
    Moran will turn out to be the best of a good bunch. 19 and class.
    Tronstadt will likely be a good solid signing.
    Ennis is worrying me due to his injury.
    He played every game for Plymouth last season. But looked pretty decent in the limited time he featured. But wasn't even fit.
    They played really well at Ipswich and scored 3. The keeper cost us.
    But is losing to top of the league an embarrassment? Only at this club.

We play really good football and once we tighten up - which we will - then we will start seeing more wins.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    A good win,a trip to Chelsea in the next round..A winnable game.
    I'm going down. I really fancy us and it's a winnable game. Looking forward to that.

Certain things are glaringly obvious.
    Pears is a confidence individual and once he had a bad game,others would follow.
    Unfortunate to get an injury but it gives Leo a chance in the sticks.
    Wharton is not a defensive midfielder but for the past 3-4 games he is operating as one.
    Garrett or tronstad,needs to start alongside travis.
    Wharton really isn't living up to his previous promise and needs to be dropped.
    Hyam and carter are made to look poor because they are being stretched by a non existent midfield.

Certain things are glaringly obvious.
    Pears is a confidence individual and once he had a bad game,others would follow.
    Unfortunate to get an injury but it gives Leo a chance in the sticks.
    Wharton is not a defensive midfielder but for the past 3-4 games he is operating as one.
    Garrett or tronstad,needs to start alongside travis.
    Wharton really isn't living up to his previous promise and needs to be dropped.
    Hyam and carter are made to look poor because they are being stretched by a non existent midfield.
    We played some great football today if we can harness that but get a little stronger in midfield we should soon start seeing better results. I'm sure of it. He wants to play an attacking style which with Wharton & Mason is too light weight because Travis is often left up field after a misplaced pass from one of ours and good sides are cutting through us. We won't play the 2 top in form sides every week and that's tough. I want us to carry on playing this attacking football but we need to get Wharton swapped like you say for Tronstad. Get Travis alongside him and play Moran. I liked the look of Sigurdson he will score goals and Sammie is superb for us. Pears was at fault for their 1st goal. Too weal yet again. But I'm unsure this other ls any better. That's a concern as clearly Pears will be missing for a while now.
    Their 2nd goal was real quality and sometimes you have to put your hand up and accept that. They are better.
    I'm not overly shocked & disappointed really. I thought they really got into them and played really good passing attacking football which will pay off over time. We just need to get the balance right. We are missing SG, Hedges, Leonard & Ennis who we haven't really seen so far. He is now training from next week so hopefully won't be long back. We've played 2 decent in-form sides and it's not gone our way Time to just go a little more defensive for a couple of games get a few points & move on.

Thought the 4-1 result wasn't a fair reflection of The game ..Rovers played some decent football ..

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)