+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Ross County v Aberdeen (League Cup)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post

Rubezic I thought was going to get through a game with a decent performance - then, bang - fück me min, what was that all about?
    COYR.
    Great result.

We cannot seem to avoid one bomb scare in our defence these days.

Great game - always tricky playing the same side consecutively but we did well. Shinnie was excellent but is that every game he's played so far? I know we have a few players for each position but not for his role, he's going to need a rest at some point. The Red Barron is getting back to his best and hopefully the new deal offer and Barry's encouragement is going to give us a great player this season and long-term

Rubezic - I recall an article saying that he did get carded a lot and picked up fouls in his previous team and that was something he'd have to work on. I think the foundation of a good player is there though, and with the right coaching he can wise up a bit on that side of the game. He was highly rated when he moved over and could become a very good player - I think the plan was probably to develop him a bit while Williams and MacDonald battled it out for the central defender role.

Not sure why Angus isn't playing but think he'd do well alongside the new lads.

I'm quietly optimistic for the Orc game - we are showing continual improvement

I thought Angus MacDonald was good last season and was glad we signed him but he’s been shyte in the games I’ve seen him play this season.

I did read that Swindon fans were saying he hardly played for them and was pish when he did,maybe he played out of his skin for us last season to get a contract?

Hopefully not and he just needs to get up to speed,I thought Rubezic looked good on Sunday but it seems like he’s going to have a lot of mistakes in him.He’s still young for a centre back so he might eventually cut out the errors.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I thought Angus MacDonald was good last season and was glad we signed him but he’s been shyte in the games I’ve seen him play this season.

I did read that Swindon fans were saying he hardly played for them and was pish when he did,maybe he played out of his skin for us last season to get a contract?

Hopefully not and he just needs to get up to speed,I thought Rubezic looked good on Sunday but it seems like he’s going to have a lot of mistakes in him.He’s still young for a centre back so he might eventually cut out the errors.
    I think Pollock helped MacDonald out a lot last season. Ruby invariably looks clumsy and ungainly though and I fear that he will struggle against faster forwards. Hopefully not starting this weekend!

Reading a bit of the body language of Rubezic last night makes think he's struggling for confidence. He was built up to be a Eastern European no nonsense central defender. I feel he tried to play up to that in his first game and nearly got sent off. He's struggled since.

Shinnie was giving him a right hard time last night and he didn't seem to be enjoying it. Even after the final whistle he seemed to need a bit of persuasion to celebrate in front of the fans and he seemed pretty shocked when some of the fans were cheering him. I like him, I think he just needs time to build.

I like the 'just sold my car... to Dante Polvara' song. Not heard that before.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Reading a bit of the body language of Rubezic last night makes think he's struggling for confidence. He was built up to be a Eastern European no nonsense central defender. I feel he tried to play up to that in his first game and nearly got sent off. He's struggled since.

Shinnie was giving him a right hard time last night and he didn't seem to be enjoying it. Even after the final whistle he seemed to need a bit of persuasion to celebrate in front of the fans and he seemed pretty shocked when some of the fans were cheering him. I like him, I think he just needs time to build.

I like the 'just sold my car... to Dante Polvara' song. Not heard that before.
    What’s the car song to do with?

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    What’s the car song to do with?
    It's a very annoying ear-worm of a jingle for WeBuyAnyCar.com. Rhymes with Dante Polvara.

Are there highlights available?

Can’t find any anywhere other than RedTV. Which given Shinnie’s goal is a massive shame.

I remember the debut at Hampden ofa young defender. Made a terrible gaff. Went on to be now revered Captain of the Club,
    . Russell somebody ?

Rubi will get better. Needs an experienced head to talk him through his dodgy choices on the field.

Shinnie , as Captain should have had an encouring pat on the head for him , after his on field *******ing ? Saw Roos do that. ( Act we currently have four different native language as peakers in the defence won't help. I guess they all speak English in a slightly different way, and that won't help Rubi in the crisis moments ? Little things that might add up .)

However , the team are coming together. Going to very interesting at Ibrox. Two "European passing " type sides. Both with a big slow defender in their midst. And fast attackers. ( No devious fat cheat like Morrelos ). Could be a lot of goals .

Now who have the Huns chosen as bitb?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast