+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Negatives from tonights performance

Negatives from tonights performance

None at all. Shame we can't play these lot every week.

Burnley at home for us next. Bring it on!

Edit: Actually I do have one, the Barnes injury. Hopefully it's not too bad.

A negative is we have literally nothing to criticise. Even had a clean sheet.

Earlier subs maybe.

3 clean sheets in a row!

Quote Originally Posted by GBruno View Post
    3 clean sheets in a row!
    One in a season performance (although, I hope not). Finishing could’ve been better …..!

Phew...read the thread title and thought 'fuck's sake man, Bruno...' then opened the thread

Disappointed we did not score 10 by 10 different players.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Phew...read the thread title and thought 'fuck's sake man, Bruno...' then opened the thread
    Haha, exactly why I made it

Ooohhh, that was good one….
    I came in hot to tear in on this one.
    8 by 8–surely a record????
    Settled 4 in the back plus Pope and that score makes us very tough to beat.
    This game reminds us—we are a great TEAM.
    Gave up 2 late against Pool—lucky bounce for the 2nd.
    Gave up 1 away at maybe the greatest side around in City.
    Brighton is our once-a-season blip.
    I am 49–it has been heartbreaking and heart wrenching since I joined this team as a fan with Shearer’s move depending on the season. I believe from the smiles, the applauding our fans, and the support they give each other is real. They feel like most of us do—every week is filled with promise and we are going to get better.

Now, my measurement of greatest personal joy—a stretch goal—smashing ManU home and away.

Howwwwwaaaaayyyy our lads!

Lured me in with that title, GBruno. You know it’s been a top performance when you can’t find any negatives 😉.

A great day all round but i particularly enjoyed watching Elliott Anderson show he belongs at this level. It’s been gradual progress but I think we can now say he is a genuine premier league player with potential to improve significantly in his new central position. Gordon was unplayable today too. Hard work, good coaching and excellent man management can work wonders on young players who want to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    One in a season performance (although, I hope not). Finishing could’ve been better …..!
    I don't think so man.

We're gonna take a lot of those teams at / around the bottom of the league apart this season.

This is a return to form and confidence, carrying on from last season. The 4 matches since drilling Villa were the exception not the rule.

Our form since EH came in has been stella. Watching Sheffield United whiffed of Cabbage Patch football.
    - The bad tackle from the defender in the first half that should have been a red basically the same as the Chelsea red but didn't make the same contact. The intent was definitely a red. However, saying that if they'd gone down to 10 they'd have probably defended deeper/better.

I see Nketiah got away with one today too, because he's 'A nice Arsenal boy' that would foul intentionally. Letter of the law it's a red card. VAR looked at it and no further action taken. Fraud!

The Gordon foul in the box was 100% nailed on clear as day penalty. However, VAR didn't give it, "they've 3 up, they don't need a pen" was the call no doubt. The letter of the law that is a penalty all day long. Once again incompetence of corruption from the PGMOL.

It's a bl00dy good job that we didn't need that to win the match otherwise this thread would be all rage for the ref!

It has to stop, the only way it will stop is when clubs take the PGMOL to court for incompetence in course of their duties/corporate negligence just plain fraud and corruption (last 2 absolute impossible to prove so no one would be stupid enough to pursue those claims).

We need to get #suethePGMOL trending on Twitter. Get the crooks in the MSM talking about it!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)