+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ollie

Ollie

He celebrated that one! Great goal, great win.

OW is a fine forward, I like him and was pleased he scored his 1st Prem goal this season, yesterday. However, he’s a lucky streak type of player. He’ll not worry a barndoor for months, then go on an impressive run (once a season). He snatches, he hits and hopes, just swings a blind peg and therefore is not a natural goalscorer.

Alas, OW’s hit-and-hope approach to scoring will continue to hit my hopes, of Villa glory. OW is a good forward, but we need better to reach the dizzy heights that I hope that we crave.

Hopefully Olli will go on a good run now. He definitely needed that goal for confidence and ease the pressure.

Regarding your point dave we said the same thing when Ings came and that didn't go well. We forgot that Oli scored 15 last season. Angel best season was 16 and I think York on got 17 goals. Saunders matched him with 15. So this natural goal scorer thing is nonsense unless we manage to get someone like Haarland or Harry Kane.

hes a brilliant forward, works hard, holds up well, but hes not a natural goalscorer.

It’s difficult to disagree with any of the above. No, he’s not a natural goal scorer in the traditional sense but then, apart from Haarland and Kane who is? With the exception of Man City, every club in the Prem are searching for one of those.

Imo Ollie is the best player we’ve had in that position for quite some time. Perhaps, and hopefully, Duran will evolve into a better striker but in the meantime who would you replace Ollie with? Toney maybe but is he really that much better?

Since the inception of the premier league only 2 or 3 times have more than 3 strikers got 20+ goals and quite often the number is <3. On that basis Watkins is doing pretty well and Haaland misses a lot of chances, he just gets more than Ollie does. In the sparkling run last season Ollie would typically get 1 or 2 chances per game and score. So Toney for example might bag 5 or 6 more in a season at a huge cost - we have goals all over this team now, we'll be fine - he's the best we have had since Benteke.

This is Duran's breakthrough season, if he makes good progress I'd love to see him Diaby & Watkins as a front three - pace, power, aggression and goals goals goals!

We should've got David.

Quote Originally Posted by yubbywelch View Post
    We should've got David.
    How come nobody has ever mentioned that before, Yubs

I've missed David Villa Yuɓby

Yes, great goal and celebration Picasso!

I interpreted Sam’s point on the other thread as OW did not join the celebrations when another player scored.

Celebrating his own notch was never going to be an issue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)