+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Parkinson gone

Parkinson gone

down to the pub to drown his sorrows with a few pints of Wrexham lager.

Sorry I couldn't resist it but I do think he's unlikely to remain in post if Wrexham don't make the playoffs at least.
    The Red Passion site is a very unhappy place at the moment as the blame for Saturday's tonking is passed around from player to player.
    Mullin's not fit, Tozer is not up to L2 etc, etc. The brickbats are flying around big time. Only Lee seems to escape any criticism.
    The Wrexham media circus really pi**ed me off last season so it's very interesting to read what they have to say when things start to go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by IluvNotts View Post

Sorry I couldn't resist it but I do think he's unlikely to remain in post if Wrexham don't make the playoffs at least.
    The Red Passion site is a very unhappy place at the moment as the blame for Saturday's tonking is passed around from player to player.
    Mullin's not fit, Tozer is not up to L2 etc, etc. The brickbats are flying around big time. Only Lee seems to escape any criticism.
    The Wrexham media circus really pi**ed me off last season so it's very interesting to read what they have to say when things start to go wrong.
    We have to be very careful gloating things can change very quickly and with their funds and sponsorship they will certainly get to League 1 and probably Championship at the least.
    When FGR pulled it back to 2.2 on Saturday the atmosphere certainly in the Pavis wasn't good lots of moaning, it could well have become toxic if they had gone 3.2 up
    So for me we are a very long way off gloating about the likes of Wrexham or Mansfield atm
    Enjoy where we are and what we are doing - keep our heads down until nearer the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by IluvNotts View Post

I think they would be right about Tozer.

Not that bothered about them, it was good rivalry last season but I think we helped them more than they helped us.

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    We have to be very careful gloating things can change very quickly and with their funds and sponsorship they will certainly get to League 1 and probably Championship at the least.
    When FGR pulled it back to 2.2 on Saturday the atmosphere certainly in the Pavis wasn't good lots of moaning, it could well have become toxic if they had gone 3.2 up
    So for me we are a very long way off gloating about the likes of Wrexham or Mansfield atm
    Enjoy where we are and what we are doing - keep our heads down until nearer the end of the season
    This. Things can change fast. A couple of defeats and our fans will be asking all sorts of daft questions. I still wouldn't be surprised if Wrexham finished above us.

Why would we gloat over Mansfield, only a couple points behind us, beat them and then 🤔