+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: National League

National League

I'm not sure if anyone is interested now we're out of that quagmire, but I had a look at the NL results tonight and Chesterfield are on course to better our points total from last year, with Barnet Solihull and Gateshead all doing well.

I see that Neal Ardley hasn't made the greatest start at York either, losing 4-2 at home to Barnet tonight.

But talking of managers, if LW does decide to depart at some point this season, I certainly wouldn't be against appointing the likes of Dean Brennan or Mike Williamson, some of the goals Williamson's Gateshead score would make even LW jealous.

They're on course to set a new record points total of 118 but we all know how they bottle it when it matters. I shouldn't think they can keep it going all season. However it would be a massive failure if they don't win the league this year.

Part of me wants to say "who cares hahahaaaaaa" *jumping with joy* but also part of me also thinks "c'mon Chesterfield" because they absolutely should have joined us in L2 this year.

One automatic promotion spot from the NL is ridiculous and we should support any moves to fix it.

Didn't know anyone was playing

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone is interested now we're out of that quagmire, but I had a look at the NL results tonight and Chesterfield are on course to better our points total from last year, with Barnet Solihull and Gateshead all doing well.

I see that Neal Ardley hasn't made the greatest start at York either, losing 4-2 at home to Barnet tonight.

But talking of managers, if LW does decide to depart at some point this season, I certainly wouldn't be against appointing the likes of Dean Brennan or Mike Williamson, some of the goals Williamson's Gateshead score would make even LW jealous.
    If you win your first game of the season then you're on course to better our points total.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post

Yeah, I saw that goal Gateshead scored the other week where they built slowly from the back and patiently worked an opening. Very Luke Williams-esque. I think you are right that Williamson would be a candidate if LW departed.

As for Chesterfield - they've made storming starts before and then gone on to blow it, so we'll see. But it's theirs to throw away.

They haven't really got any competition this season, massive fail if they don't win it.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    They haven't really got any competition this season, massive fail if they don't win it.
    Chessie will have a sticky patch at some point in the season, every club does. Whether through injury or temp loss of form, it will surely happen. I watched York V Barnet last night and Barnet were excellent, they are most prob a contender for the title as well on that form.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    Part of me wants to say "who cares hahahaaaaaa" *jumping with joy* but also part of me also thinks "c'mon Chesterfield" because they absolutely should have joined us in L2 this year.

One automatic promotion spot from the NL is ridiculous and we should support any moves to fix it.
    I disagree, they finished 23 points behind us and only 2 above Woking. Yes the final was close but we had more of the game even though we weren't at our best.

Would be like turkeys voting for Christmas though so can't see it ever changing from 2 up, 2 down.

Talking of Mike Williamson didn't he turn us down before we appointed Luke

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast