+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrecsam v Cryw

Wrecsam v Cryw

Really looking forward to this one.

Going for a 1-1 draw this time

Nev to score

Think formation could depend on the fitness of O'Riordan

Easyjet permitting, should be there tomorrow. Previous experience of this fixture (okay, going back a long way!) has taught me that it won't be pleasant. As its a full house it'll either be extra noisy if they're winning but nasty if they are losing. I think we definitely need to score first. I hope Tracey is fully fit and can take the game to them and expose their dodgy back line.
    I'm going for 4-4 or 1-0 to them.

Can't be there tomorrow. I hope that the boys can keep surprising me and I will go with a draw, 2-2 or 3-3.

Nobody else fancy risking a prediction?????

2-1 Crewe.

2--3 The mighty Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrierstan View Post
    2--3 The mighty Alex.
    Could've ...
    should've ...
    would've

Thought a draw would have been a good result before the game, but ...

In the last 15 minutes a Wrexham equaliser was always coming. We never looked confident at the end despite having the extra man. Talking of which, why did we not push a man up to occupy their defence? Instead we let them play in our half. There were times when we played the ball around but it seemed slow, contrived and somewhat forced.
    Anyway, it was a thrilling game against a club with loads more resources.
    I can't understand what Wrexham were complaining about - it was a stonewall penalty and the reaction of the Wrexham players in crowding the referee after the foul on Tracey showed that they feared/expected the red card.
    It's unbelievable that Arthur only made his debut for them today. What a comedown! A successful ½ season with the Alex, a cup final appearance with Sturm Graz + penalty saves in European competition and then....Wrexham???
    Anyway, onward and upward Gillingham next!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I can't understand what Wrexham were complaining about - it was a stonewall penalty and the reaction of the Wrexham players in crowding the referee after the foul on Tracey showed that they feared/expected the red card.
    What?? I agree it was def a penalty too....but as for that last bit - fearing a sending off? Come off it. They were just - like all teams would - questioning the penalty! Why the heck do you think it was a sending off?

Quote Originally Posted by Willie-Wotsit View Post
    What?? I agree it was def a penalty too....but as for that last bit - fearing a sending off? Come off it. They were just - like all teams would - questioning the penalty! Why the heck do you think it was a sending off?
    I think Gazan was referring to the ACTUAL sending off. Although reading the Wrexham forum, they were worried that McClean would get a second yellow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast