+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardiff City Post Match Thoughts

Cardiff City Post Match Thoughts

Another disappointing result and disappointing performance? With a makeshift team we've gone to a place where we haven't done well recently and well, haven't done well. When I look at Brighton getting thrashed 6-1 at Aston Villa and Man City billionaires going down 2-1 at Wolves I have a little perspective over our results given the hand we've been dealt at the moment, or maybe I'm just a happy clapper?

Thoughts?

"How did you get on today dear?"

"Well, I got a nose bleed."

Perhaps gru can explain the tactics today, or why I'm missing seeing Matt's magic.

Slowly becoming a drift, plus GD -11.Our away forms awful, same week in week out & we have got to rely on our home form.At this rate we will have to win 46+ points at home.And it looks like I’m getting a Wooden Spoon,happy days.
    Last edited by Lolmorgan; 30-09-2023 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Slowly becoming a drift, plus GD -11.Our away forms awful, same week in week out & we have got to rely on our home form.At this rate we will have to win 46+ points at home.
    Not much chance of that

I believe that this was the 46th league game for Taylor-
    9 wins, 14 draws, 23 losses = 41 points
    Even last season, with all the deductions flying around, that would have been 8 points adrift of safety but results and performances are actually getting worse not better

Unless Taylor goes soon, we need miracles.....

Yet to play weds, so 3pts at the sty. Only thing is that they'll take 3pts from us at NYS.

As far as I see it he has a free ride now until the end of the October and players come back fit.

We had a back 5 with one CB today. I can't complain we lost 2-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Not much chance of that

I believe that this was the 46th league game for Taylor-
    9 wins, 14 draws, 23 losses = 41 points
    Even last season, with all the deductions flying around, that would have been 8 points adrift of safety but results and performances are actually getting worse not better

Unless Taylor goes soon, we need miracles.....
    Reads post, scrolls up and what a guess. As predictable as reading a Gru post.

Couldn’t agree more, Matt Taylor is the wrong manager for Rotherham, he needs to go. I can’t see us winning any of our next 4 games. Better to get rid of him now before it’s too late!

I am very disappointed with the result, I said 2-0 because us getting 0 was a good a prediction as the sun coming up each day. However, I thought the players picked did better than the last 2 away games, there was a slight improvement in the performance. Bramall again at fault for a goal, he trys hard and did his best he just is not a championship level defender. nombe is not worth £1.20 never mind £1.2m absolute garbage, it is like we picked a bloke out of the stand and gave him a shirt. green has ability but is lazy, at least Appiah looked ok on the right coming in on his left and he hit the bar. Fred was poor today, but he is a decent player. Hugill is a complete and utter waste of a wage, he plays the man never plays the ball, Kelly did more in the last few minutes than Hugill did in 60, he doesn't close down just walks about with his hands out. TS pay for a hypnotist and convince him he is playing preston, WBA or Norwich every week. Our tactics don't exist and our set pieces are terrible. We need to make some hard decisions at the club if we are to stand any chance, first thing is cancel Morrisons contract immediately, pay him up he clearly has issues andI think he will be retiring himself very soon. That gets us a squad place where we can bring in a free agent CB, there are still a few out there, we need CB bodies that can play in that squad otherwise every cross will be an attempt on goal. I know people say we have a better squad, well i don't agree, the players don't look fit, sharp or capable to play 90 minutes twice a week. We have brought in a lot of poor players. The coaching is terrible, no system, tactics or even ability to organise ourselves at restarts. Things need to improve drastically in the next month or we will have to consider a change.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Reads post, scrolls up and what a guess. As predictable as reading a Gru post.
    I'd much rather be posting about tactical genius following great away wins

More than one old pro has told me, in different words, that the delta between home and away performance owes everything to the influence of the manager - good players can get you through home games but away form tells you everything about how well a team in coached, organized and set up

But again, just disregard that if you want just because of who posted it - you know I could change my name to Cassandra but it wouldn't change the facts

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast