+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VAR again Spurs Vs Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    They can’t have an opinion tho because they get banned & fined & nothing changes.Howard Webb rings them with an apology & that’s it.
    Let them get banned then something might get done

Yes I’d definitely tell them to shove their pointless apologies

Might be me but isn’t that an anomaly in the forest game,a challenge from a player is viewed by var and he gets a 2nd yellow card and he is sent off…fine if they decided it was a straight red from a yellow.but surely they can”t give advice on a yellow.it got me thinking I thought we wernt re refereeing the game might be me but this getting more confusing by the Match..

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Might be me but isn’t that an anomaly in the forest game,a challenge from a player is viewed by var and he gets a 2nd yellow card and he is sent off…fine if they decided it was a straight red from a yellow.but surely they can”t give advice on a yellow.it got me thinking I thought we wernt re refereeing the game might be me but this getting more confusing by the Match..
    Yes I thought they were only suppose to look at red card incidents

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Yes I thought they were only suppose to look at red card incidents
    Depends how you interpret "red card" incidents.

If they assess an offence and decide its a second yellow, then does it become a red card offence by default?

As far as I'm concerned, I never wanted VAR and after a couple of seasons or so, I have seen nothing to make me change my mind.

If anything, its worse now because even though the match officials (on & off the pitch) effectively get two bites of the cherry to get things right, they continue to get things clearly wrong.

The release of the audio of this incident is just a car crash…I think they need to have real sort out during the international break.!.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    The release of the audio of this incident is just a car crash…I think they need to have real sort out during the international break.!.
    Looking at the transcript I think they need to breathalyse VAR staff before they go on duty

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Looking at the transcript I think they need to breathalyse VAR staff before they go on duty
    They did sound a bit strange, like they were zoned out.
    I just put it as they realised they’d dropped a bollox and didn’t know what to say

It’s really not good and shouldn’t happen.
    I have to laugh though Liverpool club and supporters are acting like they are the only ones affected by bad decisions.
    Nobody plays a victim like the scousers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbro_Miller View Post
    Depends how you interpret "red card" incidents.

If they assess an offence and decide its a second yellow, then does it become a red card offence by default?

As far as I'm concerned, I never wanted VAR and after a couple of seasons or so, I have seen nothing to make me change my mind.

If anything, it’s worse now because even though the match officials (on & off the pitch) effectively get two bites of the cherry to get things right, they continue to get things clearly wrong.
    That’s the anomaly I was stating,and I would counter act that then with what if it was the first yellow card not in the sending off process.but could be the exact same challenge var can’t get involved..I get if it would have been a straight red from a yellow that’s fine it’s an error still subjective but we know it.I don”t think var is the problem it’s the implementation of it..

Why could they not just stop the game and go back and award the goal, its a matter of mins. Surely that is better than carry on playing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast