+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- The Dam Busters!

O/T:- The Dam Busters!

i was watching this Sunday afternoon and low and behold the dog is now called Trigger !!
    Last edited by SwalePie; 03-10-2023 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Fixed off topic prefix

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    i was watching this Sunday afternoon and low and behold the dog is now called Trigger !!
    Seriously?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigger...106%20Squadron.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    I kid you not ! I thought my ears were playing up when I first heard his name mentioned, I thought it was old age catching up on me. so I made a point of listening out for the name again when in shot , it was definitely called Trigger , not his other proper name !!!!

He barked himself horse.

I kid you not ! I thought my ears were playing up when I first heard his name mentioned, I thought it was old age catching up on me. so I made a point of listening out for the name again when in shot , it was definitely called Trigger , not his other proper name !!!!
    PC gone fricking stupid!

Check out the one that happened here a couple of years ago. This word isn't a term here really nor is the term "wog" which like pom for the British is a term of endearment for Italians.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...0-73e2b916298a

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Check out the one that happened here a couple of years ago. This word isn't a term here really nor is the term "wog" which like pom for the British is a term of endearment for Italians.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...0-73e2b916298a
    Sorry, Queenie, but I believe you are mistaken. The pejorative term for an Italian is 'Wop' not 'wog' which is a diminuitive
    of golliwog and a generic term for 'black people', now a term wholly shunned

I blame 13 years of Tory rule.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Sorry, Queenie, but I believe you are mistaken. The pejorative term for an Italian is 'Wop' not 'wog' which is a diminuitive
    of golliwog and a generic term for 'black people', now a term wholly shunned

Not so Sidders, down here I know many people of European/Mediterranean extraction who refer to themselves affectionately as wogs. It may well be dying out as those generations disappear; even the indigenous folk call themselves blackfellas and us honkys whitefellas. I don’t think we’re as precious here, although the new lot coming through who are barely sure of their own gender will change all of that in time.

That is shocking, it is now denying the right of someone to be offended.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast