+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Franny Lee.

R.I.P. Franny Lee.

79 years old and succumbed to cancer. R.I.P. Francis.

The local undertakers here in Bolton are wondering if they will be able to stop him diving into his coffin.

Very sad.Mike Summerbee will be very upset along with family.R.I.P.

Black armbands for Man City next game.

Did very well in business after he retired,well known for his toilet rolls I think.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    Very sad.Mike Summerbee will be very upset along with family.R.I.P.

Black armbands for Man City next game.

Did very well in business after he retired,well known for his toilet rolls I think.
    He was well respected in Bolton b_b, Franny employed a lot of people with his recycled paper enterprise.

R.I.P. Franny Lee,great player .

Always lots said about his 'earning' penalties, however, he was a cracking player and I always enjoyed watching him.

Great player. Saw him play for Man City and England all those years ago.Wouldn’t have liked to have marked him.

RIP. Great player. His diving was exaggerated. Nothing compared to nowadays.

When foreign players began arriving en masse they were often accused of bringing diving and cheating into the English game, those with better memories pointed out that Franny was conning refs for fun 20 years before Johnny Foreigner arrived.

RIP Franny.

Not someone to get the wrong side of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ying...icardoMarshall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)