+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well done Burnley

Well done Burnley

Hard fought win at Luton. At least shows we are competitive. Luton aren't a bad side either, I don't think either of these will be relegated

We definitely needed those 3 points,it wasn't about the performance but getting the points anyway we could..

Luton just bettered the Toffees on their turf and we just bested them so it augurs well, especially as Dyche doesn't seem to be able to cope with our style of play. We are also a work in progress and slowly improving so there in lies hope.

Added to which we have got the monkey off our back from not having won and Foster has banged in another which must be boosting his confidence (and BT;s). bring on Bournemouth and Everton, Chelsea will be a hiatus.
    Last edited by kritichris; 03-10-2023 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    We definitely needed those 3 points,it wasn't about the performance but getting the points anyway we could..
    Totally agree alf. The win was all important after we had been robbed of victory at Forest. Superb winner from Bruun Larsen with a goal reminiscent of Benson last season. Luton were tough opponents and pushed us hard. I would say without a shadow of a doubt the worst team we have played so far this season in the league is Manchester United. Their poor form in the PL and Champions League is not surprising. We really should have done better against them at Turf Moor and might well have done so had Foster been available for that game.

A great effort by everyone. Shooting practice from the edge of the box should be the order of the day, Larsen is excused. Team spirit appears to be excellent unlike that expensive Manure team we all know and love

Didn't watch the whole game as I was hiding behind the sofa watching the Wanderers makeshift side battle their way to a narrow win against a physical team that bullied us for the most part, but my overriding sense from what I did see was that of relief for you guys. I've seen you play well without getting anything from the game but finally you got the rub of the green and points on the board and I'm chuffed for you.
    Don't lose sight of the fact that the 4 or 5 teams immediately above you are eminently catchable so there's a plenty of cause for optimism.

We are starting to look like a settled team that knows how to go about it's business.

I'm already settled on finishing 17th.

A real confidence booster after the early gloom and doom. The weakness in midfield should be addressed in January but I see nothing but steady improvement at the front and back.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We are starting to look like a settled team that knows how to go about it's business.

I'm already settled on finishing 17th.
    ...and that would do nicely this season.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    ...and that would do nicely this season.
    Indeed Lusty, no need to panic because we can't lay a glove on the likes of City, Spurs and Newcastle, all we have to do is finish above three other teams, and the two games at Forest plus the one at Luton show we are well capable of doing that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)