+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - QPR ***Matchday Thread***

Leeds United - v - QPR ***Matchday Thread***

Leeds United manager Daniel Farke has been speaking to the media before the Whites' Championship game against Queens Park Rangers at Elland Road on Wednesday (kick-off 19:45 BST).

Here are the key lines from his news conference:

Farke said a late decision will be made on defender Sam Byram, who is working his way back to coping with three games in a week. He added that the data shows centre-back Joe Rodon and winger Jaidon Anthony have made impressive starts to their careers at Leeds, and Farke said he was "hungry" to bring the former in.

Djed Spence, Willy Gnonto, Stuart Dallas and Junior Firpo the only players unavailable. They are recovering well but won't be available until after the international break. Dallas is a few weeks away from being considered for selection.

On Liam Cooper, Farke said: "Liam is an unbelievable part of our group. He’s our club captain and has white blood in his veins." He pointed out how solid the defender was in pre-season and how he sacrificed himself when injured in scoring against Cardiff City - but he stressed that doesn't mean he starts every match.

Leeds suffered a dismal defeat at Southampton on Saturday and Farke said a loss gives him "murderous thoughts" for up to 48 hours, before objectivity kicks in: "I want my squad to feel this disappointment. There’s no replacement for the winning feeling. After several weeks of really good performances, sometimes you accept it’s football."

Farke said Wednesday's opponents QPR, who are 22nd in the table, are better than their league position suggests. He added that he is expecting Gareth Ainsworth's side to be compact and not give up too many chances, so United must be "brutal" with their finishing.

3 - 0.

MOT.

Pick the team with your head Farkie boy, not with your loveheart. You should know better.

Team selection looks okay

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Team selection looks okay
    Hmm? not announced one hour prior to kick off have you been seeing a fortune teller?

(With Farke & Ainsworth in the dug-outs it'll look more like a WWF bout ring-walk for the pitch side battle of hair do's).

Hopefully a few had the Farke "hairdryer treatment" behind closed doors after last weeks appointment with the Saints.
    Tight game & hopefully a gritty performance will grab the points.

Name:  F7nNMv-W8AAMwhs.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  77.4 KB

Pre match pint.

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    Pre match pint.

I'm calling the dog activist on you how dare you give the poor dog crappy stout Any forsters there to change my mind

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Name:  F7nNMv-W8AAMwhs.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  77.4 KB
    FWIW- I approve of that lineup. we should be very good.... on paper

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    I'm calling the dog activist on you how dare you give the poor dog crappy stout Any forsters there to change my mind
    Fosters? Pish. 🤣

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)