+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barra away….

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post
    Maybe, but you can't see all of the pitch from there either.

Sandpit has posted the best suggestion in my opinion, GOS is alright really and I think I heard they were doing something with that old outdoor swimming pool that is really nice but needs sprucing up, the gardens are pleasant there too.

Stayed at a caravan park there about twenty years back, no idea if it is still there but I have stayed at worse and it had some decent amenities.

There's a good reason why that lad didn't jump on this place Chalky as being a 'turd town' as it is rather nice, I bet he had a sniff around it though.

There was a decent 'sit down' fish and chip shop too.

I had to question myself writing that as surely it must be a restaurant, but the more I thought about it it was definitely a 'sit down' fish and chip shop.

Grange over sands is great,so nice Mavis from corrie retired there 😁 also near to Flookburgh where i did my 2 parachute jumps if you fancy some adventure.

Right then,some really interesting comments on here so thank you for thst and what with howoldboys link to Pitchside Blues and decided to go this Saturday,stopping over in Grange over Sands which I’m gonna admit I had never heard of before so always interested in places new,it’s a short drive to Barrow and a short journey to Ulverston the next day so I good place for everything that I need,if the weather is ok I might make a quick trip red squirrel hunting but let’s be honest I may as well look for leprechauns while I’m at it

Thanks fir the replies,I probably wouldn’t have gone without them 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    Right then,some really interesting comments on here so thank you for thst and what with howoldboys link to Pitchside Blues and decided to go this Saturday,stopping over in Grange over Sands which I’m gonna admit I had never heard of before so always interested in places new,it’s a short drive to Barrow and a short journey to Ulverston the next day so I good place for everything that I need,if the weather is ok I might make a quick trip red squirrel hunting but let’s be honest I may as well look for leprechauns while I’m at it

Thanks fir the replies,I probably wouldn’t have gone without them ��
    Good luck Chalky. I hope you stuff them.

Don't be going there if you're intending to stuff Mavis, she retired to Cartmel, not Grange over Sands (trust a postman to get the town totally wrong ).

Quote Originally Posted by yoonited View Post
    Don't be going there if you're intending to stuff Mavis, she retired to Cartmel, not Grange over Sands (trust a postman to get the town totally wrong ).
    Its near enough for Royal Mail.😁

I hope that you enjoy your stay Chalky.

GOS seems a bit posh without being up itself if that makes any sense.

I always look for GOS on the other side of Morecambe bay when I visit Morecambe.

As mentioned, get yourself to Center Parks near Penrith - place is rammed with Red Squirrels, there was so many when I went that they literally come to you begging for food! We had them on the bird tables, scurrying about on the picnic tables and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by crushalime View Post

As mentioned, get yourself to Center Parks near Penrith - place is rammed with Red Squirrels, there was so many when I went that they literally come to you begging for food! We had them on the bird tables, scurrying about on the picnic tables and everything.
    I think that you are mistaking my personal wealth with bdb’s,I looked into booking three days there and neatly passed out at the price,£1149 but dropping to £845 in November and don’t think thst I’m falling for the Cumbrian buttsh1t of the place being rammed with red squirrels either,”they came to your begging for food” my arse,it even says on the Center Parks website that they are shy elusive creatures and best to book a walk out with a guide to see one and Gods knows how much that would set me back
    If I’m honest crusha I’m quite disappointed that you’ve jumped on the red squirrel bandwagon by declaring that they are as common as tourists in Cumbria and can only surmise that you either work for the Cumbrian Tourist Board or on commission from Center Parks

We went to Centre Parc in Penrith many years ago now, Tom was only a toddler… we’re just after Boxing Day and stayed for new year, had a big lodge as in laws came as well & it had a hot tub I vaguely remember.. I do remember food & drink was ****in eye watering at the time though & in laws insisted on Family Photos in some studio there… Pool was good though…

Take a tent Chalky 😎

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)