+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barra away….

Barra away….

For the first time in about five years I’ve been going to quite a few Notts games mainly due to the fact that we was back in the league and playing attractive attacking football,this Saturday we are away to Barrow and I fancied making a weekend of it in Cumbria as I’ve never been to the ground before,a quick look on the Notts official site and there’s tickets available but before I purchased one I had a look on the Football Ground Guide and I’ve never seen such negative reviews of a ground before,is the view really that bad,is the ground lucky to get a safety certificate as some has said?
    I can’t make up my mind to go or not now,part of me says not to waste my money but part of me wants to see for myself,one thing for sure though is that I will be staying overnight elsewhere if I do go

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    one thing for sure though is that I will be staying overnight elsewhere if I do go
    Come and stay at The Crossings, we'll be waiting for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    For the first time in about five years I’ve been going to quite a few Notts games mainly due to the fact that we was back in the league and playing attractive attacking football,this Saturday we are away to Barrow and I fancied making a weekend of it in Cumbria as I’ve never been to the ground before,a quick look on the Notts official site and there’s tickets available but before I purchased one I had a look on the Football Ground Guide and I’ve never seen such negative reviews of a ground before,is the view really that bad,is the ground lucky to get a safety certificate as some has said?
    I can’t make up my mind to go or not now,part of me says not to waste my money but part of me wants to see for myself,one thing for sure though is that I will be staying overnight elsewhere if I do go
    Never been, but everything I have heard from other Carlisle fans is that it is a depressing town with a ****ty ground (particularly for away fans). Many of the Carlisle fans couldn't see the full pitch.

It is not really in Cumbria either, it is in Furness.

Save your money for another trip Chalky.

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post
    Many of the Carlisle fans couldn't see the full pitch.
    This is something that kept coming up on the reviews and the main thing that’s putting me off going,I wouldn’t necessarily be bothered about Barrow being a Turd Town but you don’t travel three hours only to view 50% of the game,on the flip side is that it’s a ground that I’ve never been to and might not the get chance again,I will look at the weather forecast as a decider

Quote Originally Posted by yoonited View Post
    Come and stay at The Crossings, we'll be waiting for you.
    Tbh I was going to pop into there and tell you afterwards but it’s over two hours away which I didn’t realise so not this time yoonited

Ulveston is very nice

Quote Originally Posted by cayambe View Post
    Ulveston is very nice
    Maybe, but you can't see all of the pitch from there either.

I have been to Barrow’s ground.. seating was in a shared main stand & standing was uncovered… being near the coast the wind was biting… there was good parking at the ground and the social club & fans were ok to be honest, didn’t hear of an trouble…

Barrow itself is a bit of a dive… my advice as others but to avoid any marrows is to stay somewhere say a 30-40 min drive away in a nicer location if your making a weekend of it..

It’s a trek of the M6 mind.. Dual Carraigeways & single roads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OppfsTsybhQ&t=14s

Pitchside Blues from our visit last season.

Should give you a flavour of what it's like.

Stop at Grange over Sands nice scenery,hotels etc great views by train,then half hour to Barrow jobs a gud un.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)