+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol City Post Match Thoughts

Bristol City Post Match Thoughts

Never let it be said that following RUFC is easy. Just in the time penning this post match thoughts thread I went from down in the dumps to over the moon to sick as a parrot. You make your own luck and we've definitely lost the recipe. Has TS's patience worn thin enough to make it 3 Yorkshire managers picking up their P45s in one night? A better performance than Saturday by all accounts but let's face it that wasn't a high bar to get over.

Thoughts?

Feck

Only got to see the time added on, we’re all the subs used through injury or tactical reasons?

Only reason we're not bottom is Chansiri's poisonous running of SWFC.

Once again not prepared enough to break through thirds and pull players out of position. Far too easy and obvious to play against.

I wonder how long the board will let this go on for

They were there for the taking. Worst team we've had down here by some margin. Trouble is we were worse tonight so fair play to them.

We can talk about systems, injuries and so on, all night. The bottom line is, we don't defend well enough as a team and that's it.

It will be interesting to see what TS's principle is about this.Are we a ''serious'' Championship club like our contemporaries,who sack managers after awful starts to the season,or,are we still the same as when Warne was our manager. Warne was allowed 3 relegations because the club knew,deep down,that the Championship was an environment that we were just happy to be involved in and if it lasted,it lasted.If not,League 1 ain't too bad! I like MT,but stats don't lie.He is far better than Stubbs,Redfearn and Jackett but the stats are suggesting that this season could be worse than any that those 3 could have proceeded over!

well until Blacketts goal we hadn't had a shot on target at home against a midtable team, Green brings nothing to that team, it was clear from his 15 mins on saturday that appiah can create things and bringing him on so late is unbelieveable, how Green stayed on to the 79 minute amazes me. Losing both Brammall and Blackett to injury is very bad luck and cost us, when we went down to ten men everyone has to give everything for those last 3 or 4 minutes, watch the second goal again and see that Fred just walked about and made no effort to track back and left Dexter stranded, absolutely disgraceful by Fred, shame on him. Both their goals were excellent, credit where credit is due but we don't even have the fight to across the team to defend for 4 minutes!!. hall cost us the first goal, god knows what he was doing but he isn't match fit. Appiah comes on the right, makes the goal and we immediately moves him to the left, why? only reason can be he was worried about Dexter being exposed and wanted Fred to cover, well that didn't work and Fred never looks good on the right. I thought Rathbone was amazing, he gives everything, chases every ball and never gives in, a wonderful player. What does kelly need to do to get on the pitch, I suppose spending so much on Nombe he will always get the nudge, but seems a shame to me. We are better at home, but we aren't that good, never really looked like we would win that game after the first 25 minutes, every minute they got stronger and stronger. There has to be something seriously wrong to get these many muscle injuries, it can't just be bad luck otherwise MT is the unluckiest manager alive.

Always keep a sub for exactly that.

Patience is running out now.

I am not Anti Taylor.

On that performance, the waste of over a million on a "sub" and the very clear inability to plan any level of attacking football it is becoming clear a change is going to happen.

1/5 games have been good under Matt in terms of a positive result and performance so far. That's including last season I'd say.

It's his team.

It's his tactics.

It's his transfer policy.

None of the above has improved us or maintained the standard that was set before. I would argue we have gone backwards.

We cant change the players. We can change the manager.

Next home game has to be better. If its the same dross as this, he should be removed.

10 men for how long? Including 7 mins added on. Bad call.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast