+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I just hope Southampton have one of their off days Saturday.

I just hope Southampton have one of their off days Saturday.

If they click it could be a long long day.They seem to have a few off days then they are poor, when they click they are probably the best side in the Championship.Here’s hoping for an off day.

Even if they have an off day they will beat us easily. At least 3 nil I would say. In fact judging by the amount of shots we have on target 1 may be enough.

I came out of NYS last night saying we’ll get hammered

This morning I’m thinking we’ll get a surprise win

I’ll take a draw now thanks

Hoping for a battling performance and a coupon busting win. Still taking a book to read though. Looking forward to the night out most.

the only hope is to press very high in the early stages to try and make a mistake in their defence, then get a goal and then defend with counter attack, I suspect a hammering though.

I’d rather be playing Southampton than the likes of Millwall Cardiff Birmingham.
    Concern is what will our defensive line up look like.

The way Southampton play probably gives us a slight chance.Because even if by playing out of the back line like they do and lose the ball they still carry on playing that regardless…might be worth a start for nombe and appiah and try and pace them down abit…but if they release quickly through the thirds and get through us with our back line which is likely to consist of hall and peltier then it could a tonking..

I'm taking my boots in case they need me

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    the only hope is to press very high in the early stages to try and make a mistake in their defence, then get a goal and then defend with counter attack, I suspect a hammering though.
    I suspect a hamstring is also just as likely...

Quote Originally Posted by millersrus View Post
    I’d rather be playing Southampton than the likes of Millwall Cardiff Birmingham.
    Concern is what will our defensive line up look like.
    I agree because we would have expected to lose there even if playing well with a full strength squad. Although this season has been a disaster so far,one positive (if there is one and I may be clutching at straws) is that our opening 10 fixtures have been incredibly hard and mostly against the top of the table teams.Lets just hope that once we start playing our relegation rivals things will have improved and most of our squad are injury free and fully match fit. If we beat Southampton it will surely be the shock of the season.......however we normally pluck a shock out of the air before an international break and we have 2 weeks of positivity and talk of mid table finishes before we come crashing back to earth once the games resume!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast