+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another One (or Two) See The Light

Another One (or Two) See The Light

Remain voting Bank of England governor Andrew Bailey has admitted Project Fear got it 'all wrong back in 2016' with its dire warnings of what Brexit would bring. He now reckons Brexit has given the UK opportunities. He added a few other positives too numerous to mention.

He joins City of London Corporation Chris Hayward Chairman who in 2016 was 'unsure' about Brexit and was worried about jobs going abroad.

He now says 'The myths about Brexit being bad for the financial services industry and that there has been a net loss of 7,000 jobs have been exploded. In fact the opposite has been proven to be true and there are thousands of extra jobs as a result of Brexit'

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Remain voting Bank of England governor Andrew Bailey has admitted Project Fear got it 'all wrong back in 2016' with its dire warnings of what Brexit would bring. He now reckons Brexit has given the UK opportunities. He added a few other positives too numerous to mention.

He joins City of London Corporation Chris Hayward Chairman who in 2016 was 'unsure' about Brexit and was worried about jobs going abroad.

He now says 'The myths about Brexit being bad for the financial services industry and that there has been a net loss of 7,000 jobs have been exploded. In fact the opposite has been proven to be true and there are thousands of extra jobs as a result of Brexit'

Didn’t realise you were an economist as thought you were a teacher or retired! In the purchasing world of which I am a qualified purchasing professional the view since leaving Brexit is doom and gloom!

You might want to read some of 123’s posts as it’s a good reflection on what’s happening out there!

PS - hey there’s lots of pubs opening so you say even in my area which is bollox 😡

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Didn’t realise you were an economist as thought you were a teacher or retired! In the purchasing world of which I am a qualified purchasing professional the view since leaving Brexit is doom and gloom!

You might want to read some of 123’s posts as it’s a good reflection on what’s happening out there!

PS - hey there’s lots of pubs opening so you say even in my area which is bollox ��
    Where have I ever claimed to be an economist? Please enlighten me! I've no doubt there is a lot of doom and gloom. We've been fed an unrelenting diet of nothing else.

I've never been a teacher but I am retired. My eldest son has just done a deal in Italy for his 2 year old business that could well set him up for life

123 are you an economist? Do you claim to have better knowledge or qualifications than the Governor of the BofE or the chairman of the City of London Corporation.

As regards your own abilities to have a balanced fix on things and be qualified to assert '123 has a good reflection on things. I'm struggling to take anything you post seriously following on from your previous assertion 'Shopping habits haven't changed'
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 05-10-2023 at 04:54 PM.

Where have I ever claimed to be an economist? Please enlighten me! I've no doubt there is a lot of doom and gloom. We've been fed an unrelenting diet of nothing else.

I've never been a teacher but I am retired. My eldest son has just done a deal in Italy for his 2 year old business that could well set him up for life

123 are you an economist? Do you claim to have better knowledge or qualifications than the Governor of the BofE or the chairman of the City of London Corporation.

As regards your own abilities to have a balanced fix on things I'm struggling to get past your previous assertion 'Shopping habits haven't changed'
    He’ll be calling you viaduct or on balance next 🤪

Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post
    He’ll be calling you viaduct or on balance next ��
    What he won't do is respond with some relevant answers or he'll claim boredom.

He'll divert by trying to gain support from other posters by telling us how much more knowledgeable they are and just all round better. Not as a matter of opinion but as a matter of fact.

If that fails he can always bring in The Ukraine, The Curious Cow or Adam Reach to prove his point.

Lads…..for better or for worse, I’ve been installed as a moderator.

I want to do my best to operate with a light touch like Des but I do find all this bickering stuff wearisome these days.

I guess I’m poacher turned gamekeeper considering I have been an idiot in the past but I’m too old for all that now and so are you lot so try to behave.

I don’t want to start issuing cards so please don’t fight to become my first victim!😏🤣

Let’s cut out the backbiting please, we are lucky to have one of the best little forums still going.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

I want to do my best to operate with a light touch like Des but I do find all this bickering stuff wearisome these days.

I guess I’m poacher turned gamekeeper considering I have been an idiot in the past but I’m too old for all that now and so are you lot so try to behave.

I don’t want to start issuing cards so please don’t fight to become my first victim!����

Let’s cut out the backbiting please, we are lucky to have one of the best little forums still going.

Thank you.
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

I don’t want to start issuing cards so please don’t fight to become my first victim!����

Thank you.
    Message received and understood

I do find it very difficult not to respond when someone states I have posted something I most definitely have not. If that is the last post that's what people remember and they are left with the thought I have said that. It's very irritating

You as the new Mod. That brought a smile to my face. Non intervening with a light touch. Don't see you as a light touch sort of guy.

Should always be fun

Blood made a good point about this should be a football forum and I know 123 posts some good stuff. I am guilty myself of non related football posts or responding to personal things.

So let’s follow many other sites and the Leeds forum. Just keep it to football!

Nobody wants to hear about what they think or how fantastic they have done in their life. This gets personal just like politics, Covid, education, universities etc.

Let’s just keep it a football forum as Blood said. You could create a sub section as some sites do so those who want to debate politics or how fantastic they are can bicker at each other to their heart contents.

That’s my view and yes I am guilty and due to deteriorating ill health would rather this revert back to a football forum. This way more would stay and more would contribute footballing matters. Look at the Leeds site and the banter is all football related.

Message received and understood

I do find it very difficult not to respond when someone states I have posted something I most definitely have not. If that is the last post that's what people remember and they are left with the thought I have said that. It's very irritating

You as the new Mod. That brought a smile to my face. Non intervening with a light touch. Don't see you as a light touch sort of guy.

Should always be fun
    ����. Power is a wonderful thing. It has to be used justifiably. There will always be issues and personalities that clash on any forum. The art of any mod is to deal with it fairly and without bias.

I have, if I have read the situation correct, been warned already. However, I have not broken any forum rules and so find it difficult to understand how the rules, which were once very clear, are now to be interpreted.

If one poster makes a claim then they should back that up with something that resembles evidence of what they say. If they can’t then stay quiet.

It is that simple.

COYB.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)