+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Keegan and women commentators

Quote Originally Posted by twitch44 View Post
    I'm with KK and Barton
    If it’s Alex Scott it will be a lot of washin’ an ironin’

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    once the Positive Discrimination policy was introduced .
    What policy are you referring to? I can't find anything, got a link?

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    What policy are you referring to? I can't find anything, got a link?
    Advisory legislation dating back to 2010 and The Equality's Act , presumably you are aware that advisory legislation is often acted upon but just doesn't have any legal penalties for not doing so .

I think only an idiot could deny that Soccer Saturday is a totally changed show from what it once was , your not an idiot now are you John ?

So the only real debate with meat on the bones is , is Soccer Saturday a better show today than it once was ?

Did the advisory Positive Discrimination policy indeed have a positive affect on the show ?

Personally I thought the five white geezers version worked the best but that's just based on entertainment value .

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Probably because with cricket you don't have to shout. Female football commentators sound shrill.
    It is that for sure but they ad unnecessarily drama

Advisory legislation dating back to 2010 and The Equality's Act , presumably you are aware that advisory legislation is often acted upon but just doesn't have any legal penalties for not doing so .

I think only an idiot could deny that Soccer Saturday is a totally changed show from what it once was , your not an idiot now are you John ?

So the only real debate with meat on the bones is , is Soccer Saturday a better show today than it once was ?

Did the advisory Positive Discrimination policy indeed have a positive affect on the show ?

Personally I thought the five white geezers version worked the best but that's just based on entertainment value .
    You are entitled to your opinion on the quality of the show and its presenters. I have no opinion as I don't watch it.

Your post is very confused with itself though.

You simultaneously refer to a Sky sports policy, and a 2010 law as though they are the same thing.

You also say the law is not enforced, but also that it is somehow responsible for the decline of this one TV show. Just take a step back to think how daft blaming the decline of one TV show on a 2010 law is.

I don't even think you could articulate what it is about the law that has resulted in this outcome? Go on...

One of the daftest posts I've read on here since I had sota and grist bizareely whinging about technology making us less safe.

A bit more to it than that Ronners in my opinion including the fact even Jeff was struggling once the Positive Discrimination policy was introduced .

The banter between Tiss , Merse , Thommo and Charlie made a massive contribution to the shows success .

Merse got ribbed about his gambling and drinking , Thommo , the size of his nose as examples .

That was tame at the side of Bestie and Rodney Marsh's days on the show .
    Whilst I would agree with you that soccer saturday was better with people like Tiss Merse Tommo and Charlie on it animal, it was IMO still great to watch when jeff was hosting it. UTM

Old Joey is the gift that keeps on giving. I never realised he had a 12m England career

https://uk.yahoo.com/sports/news/ale...152732472.html

Presumably one of the definitions of having a ‘personality’ is screaming at someone to …F off …on TV

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Old Joey is the gift that keeps on giving. I never realised he had a 12m England career

https://uk.yahoo.com/sports/news/ale...152732472.html
    Old Joey really does seem to very partial to his menfolk.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post

One of the daftest posts I've read on here since I had sota and grist bizareely whinging about technology making us less safe.
    Ha ha my life is at last worthwhile!
    For what it’s worth, I think Joey is bang on and we need more characters like him, they’re disappearing fast.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast