+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stirling game

Stirling game

Going by todays local press Queens are badly struggling with injuries with quite a number out for this match. Doesn't bode well but in the face of adversity the team may suprise us all. Mon the South 👏👏.

Actually feel for the manager what with all these injuries and players coming back last week who aren’t actually fully fit yet…. I’m actually dreading tomorrow.

The message is keep it simple, - don't try anything risky and go out and enjoy yourselves.

If Marvin could just suggest that, - the fans will be able to relax as well....at the end of the day, - this is a game, - not some kind of mental torture that has to be endured.

My take on today's game is that we are too easy to play against with not enough tackles or challenges to the opposition allowing them to play the ball through us with ease. This was not the case at the start of the season when we pressed the opposition constantly. We were better today in the second half but that is setting the bar low and only really presented a threat when Lewis was introduced but only when we were a goal down and then the substitution took at least five minutes, why? I recognise we had quite a few out injured and that those missing players, especially Reilly, would have made a big difference but why are those looking for an opportunity to snatch a jersey not bursting a but to win one? Will be very interested to hear Margins post match interview tomorrow.

Marv out.

Yet another totally inept performance. I'm getting tired of the manager's post match interviews, it's the same excuses week after week. That is the first quarter of the season gone now so any thoughts of a top four finish are disappearing fast. In reality we should be more concerned about finishing in the relegation play off spot than any pipedream of competing for promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Beautiful South View Post
    Yet another totally inept performance. I'm getting tired of the manager's post match interviews, it's the same excuses week after week. That is the first quarter of the season gone now so any thoughts of a top four finish are disappearing fast. In reality we should be more concerned about finishing in the relegation play off spot than any pipedream of competing for promotion.
    A great post and sums up the dire situation at Palmerston with under 1,000 fed up home fans in attendance. The recruitment of players has been awful - the new striker Hutchinson and winger Walker look lost even at this very poor level and but for a sterling display by Queens man of the match Jack Brydon we would have lost by more goals ! !

Not much positive to say. The injury problems are obviously an issue but the physicality and age of our signing strategy is being shown up every week. The confidence is really low but there was actually one or two hiding. The manager has so much to do but he has to take the responsibility. The team selection and formation is at his door. Church and Logan were extremely poor. I don't see how Houston is not playing. I don't really understand changing the keeper when we are trying to build stability and understanding. Botterill is fine but the slowness of restarting play is infuriating.
    Stirling looked like a team. Organised and passing options that we didn't have.
    Brydon was one positive and young Ben Johnstone was tidy and has good energy. Ferguson at least showed in glimpses what his game is but was let down at times by his touch. The awareness of Lewis Gibson at the too quick corner was night and day to his team mates. He must be on longer than 10 minutes if fit.
    The coaching staff must do better.

I'm going to surprise you folks, - but I saw an improvement yesterday.

The dithering at the back had gone, - at least until Effie came on and then he had a couple of crazy moments, - before he settled down.

I thought Botterill did well, and his distribution was much better, - varying play out of defence; indeed we almost scored from the quick kick up to our front runners in the first half. (He is after all our no 1.)

Don't get me wrong, - it wasn't brilliant, - but there was definitely a lot more effort all round and to be honest, - Stirling scored from a deflected shot.

On another day we could have had 2 or 3 goals.

The only black mark was Marvin's delayed substitutions, - and why, - oh why is he not playing Gibson much earlier?

All in all a draw would have been a fair result, - but I have to say we shouldn't be tiring against a part time outfit for goodness sake. Dale Hilson looked like he'd eaten all the spare pies when he came on.

For me there were definite hints of improvement and Brydon is comfortable in defence.

I accept that we shouldn't be struggling at the wrong end of the table, but we need to pull the troops through this sticky patch and trust that when we have a full squad to choose from, - we start marching up the table.

My biggest fear is the Annan game, - and the players and management need to realise that is when the fans will snap if we don't get a favourable result.

I can't say I saw any improvement yesterday. Admittedly they didn't play about so much at the back that is the only thing. I am a bit worried after hearing Marvin's interview. He claims the buck stops with him but seems to claim that the only thing that cost us was players not setting up from a throw ignoring the other 90 odd minutes.
    I will finish with a bit of positivity. I watched Jack Brydon pick up his man of the match award. He said the players must take responsibility but we must stick together at this tough time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)