+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blood’s Point

Blood’s Point

This forum should revert back to what it was meant for - enjoyable football banter. I am guilty about posting some non football related stuff and defending posts.

Many other forums ban politics, Covid personal stuff such as uni’s, education and the life story of a poster. Look at the Leeds site and it’s all football banter. There’s a few sites who ban anything un football related or have a sub section where someone can say how fantastic Sunak is or what they think of the price of fish fingers.

Football tends not to get personal as most agree on what they see - well they do at the matches.

My thoughts anyway and again I’m one of the guilty ones but getting tired of the personal crap as mentioned by Blood and others at matches.

Football related matters only and anything that goes off football the post should be deleted or placed in a sub section as they do on other sites so those interested can debate

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    This forum should revert back to what it was meant for - enjoyable football banter. I am guilty about posting some non football related stuff and defending posts.

Many other forums ban politics, Covid personal stuff such as uni’s, education and the life story of a poster. Look at the Leeds site and it’s all football banter. There’s a few sites who ban anything un football related or have a sub section where someone can say how fantastic Sunak is or what they think of the price of fish fingers.

Football tends not to get personal as most agree on what they see - well they do at the matches.

My thoughts anyway and again I’m one of the guilty ones but getting tired of the personal crap as mentioned by Blood and others at matches.

Football related matters only and anything that goes off football the post should be deleted or placed in a sub section as they do on other sites so those interested can debate
    Totally agree.

I don’t agree.

Nobody is forced to read any non football thread if they don’t want to.

I see plenty of post headings that don’t interest me so I ignore them, I suggest others do the same.

If people don’t like the way this forum works then they’re free to leave, nobody’s holding a gun to anyone’s head.

Strangely, this is one of the few Footymad forums that still has life and a decent contributors, possibly down to the way Iain, Northy, Des and Chris have run it for the best part of 20 years.

It just requires people to not get involved in spats I guess, but that’s for them to come to terms with.

I also disagree - this is by far the best footy forum around, great banter, great off topics an all round great mix. Brilliant contributors and some excellent knowledgable football contributors. All this makes it great to visit and contribute and moderators who im sure will continue to have that light touch. Just having football topics will end up being like BaggiefromStaffords tumbleweed

I am also in the disagree camp; some of the non football topics are good, especially when there is no football to upset us!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I am also in the disagree camp; some of the non football topics are good, especially when there is no football to upset us!
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    lol. Its a point isn't it. When the football is screwing your Brain its nice to divert. I agree with what Mick says, You're not required to take part in anything that doesn't interest you. I don't. I'm glad of some discussions though. If anything though we should all agree to disagree at times and swiftly move on.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I don’t agree.

Nobody is forced to read any non football thread if they don’t want to.

I see plenty of post headings that don’t interest me so I ignore them, I suggest others do the same.

If people don’t like the way this forum works then they’re free to leave, nobody’s holding a gun to anyone’s head.

Strangely, this is one of the few Footymad forums that still has life and a decent contributors, possibly down to the way Iain, Northy, Des and Chris have run it for the best part of 20 years.

It just requires people to not get involved in spats I guess, but that’s for them to come to terms with.

Sadly - that’s why so many have left and new posters don’t come on board. The Leeds forum is constant with football banter!

As suggested - why not put all the non related football stuff on a sub section so posters can say how crap something is or tell their life story if they want. Best of both world’s and already you are seeing good posters who
    just want football banter!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post

If the baristas of Harrogate could make a coffee containing irony you'd be front and centre of the queue asking for a dollop of frothy milk with chocolate sprinkles on top 🤣.

Over the last 3 forum pages for October, football related topics outnumber O/Ts by 3 to 1.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)