+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Friday night music listening

O/T Friday night music listening

What you listening to at the mo? Of late I've had a torrid time but I'm getting there and tonight I'm feeling chilled so I thought I'd do some easy listening to continue my easy feeling moment.

I give you a true brilliant superstar. A man who was a troubled soul at his later life and who gave away his millions of well earned pounds to countless charities that a lot don't know about. Sorely missed and forever loved by millions of his fans.

I give you the late great Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou....or as his stage name, George Michael.

I was lucky enough to see him at the Sheffiled arena before his passing, what a beautiful voice even live.

Mushrooms by Leftwing.

Last edited by Brin; 06-10-2023 at 07:45 PM.

Despite my supposed rogue exterior I do have a soft inner mode. I've listened to all kinds of music from the 50's through to the noughties, soul, rock, punk, heavy metal, R& B, Motown, even country, the lot. Here's one many will not have heard of. He was at the top of the pile in his day but sadly fell foul of his record company once he came out. He was the pin up boy for the label but they claimed it ruined him by outing himself?

Sad to think it ruined him as he missed music sessions/recordings and went into a downward spiral and just disappeared from the music scene.
    Just to show how big he was, and never forgotten, showed when Usher recently performed and had Tevin come on stage, some 30 years later, to fill an interlude and the crowd were ecstatic. Just goes to show how short lived and fickle the music industry can be.

Global Communication - Pentamerous Metamorphosis

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Howdy, great piece of music by Mick and great to be used by the tv programme Slow Horses. All fitted perfectly.

I have 6 books to read by Mick Herron that follow on but as of yet I've not done so. I think you've prompted me to do so.

Last edited by Brin; 06-10-2023 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by poddington View Post
    Global Communication - Pentamerous Metamorphosis
    Mr P. Way out there. I was a big Jean Michel Jarre fan when I bought the album Oxygene back in the 80's, which some f***** stole from me. Be worth a few pounds now if I still had it I still think listening back then to it, it made me think of outer space, the music just rolled into a mystical magical place that was untouched by man/woman....must stay PR correct!

The initial sounds of what you are listening to seem to bend the same way....I must listen more to it. I can imagine you sitting back relaxed with low lighting and a nice whisky/brandy in your hand taking it all in.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I'm enjoying the alternative music tonight, thank you all for posting. ibs, very relaxing indeed. Jack Daniels and coke by per chance?

Very cultured indeed.

I love electronic ambient music Brin, it’s the ‘ying’ to the ‘yang’ of the working week. The picture you paint in your post is not far wrong to be fair!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast