+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Worst performance yet.

Worst performance yet.

This is easily our worst performance yet.The team selection was bewildering.The spot kick routines especially corners are bordering on the comical.Passing was way off.Second best in every department against a team that has been struggling.Our heads go down as soon as the opposite team scores.
    Depressing way to go into the international break.VK has his work cut out.

Couldn't agree more with your comments.
    Overall the squad remains talented but lacking in experience in all areas.
    Team selections continue to baffle me also.
    I appreciate the fact that the fixture list wasn't the kindest; but the management cannot use that as an excuse anymore.
    Some of the signings OShea,Dellcroix,Trafford etc simply dont inspire confidence.
    On present form the only way the team will survive is if Sheffield,Bournemouth and Luton continue to fare worse-my concern is that on todays showing we will struggle to beat any of them!

Quote Originally Posted by DownThePlughole66 View Post
    Couldn't agree more with your comments.
    Overall the squad remains talented but lacking in experience in all areas.
    Team selections continue to baffle me also.
    I appreciate the fact that the fixture list wasn't the kindest; but the management cannot use that as an excuse anymore.
    Some of the signings OShea,Dellcroix,Trafford etc simply dont inspire confidence.
    On present form the only way the team will survive is if Sheffield,Bournemouth and Luton continue to fare worse-my concern is that on todays showing we will struggle to beat any of them!
    I agree.We seem to have gone backwards from last season to me.
    It will be very interesting where we are after the next 10 games against teams around us but I am not holding my breath.
    From what I have seen so far the only new players who are showing promise are Koleosho, Tresor and Odabert.For me Dellcroix, Berge, O`Shea and Amdouni have been a dissapointment.

****tt happens
    Seems we can't play second halves and like to give goals away just before half time

Is it time for Muric to return ? Trafford can’t have much confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    ****tt happens
    Seems we can't play second halves and like to give goals away just before half time
    Seemed like a re-run of the Spurs game alf. Early lead surrendered and then blown away in the second half. We can do better (and I still think we will) but we are shipping an average 2.5 goals per game so it is clear where the work needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Is it time for Muric to return ? Trafford can’t have much confidence.
    I don't think that any keeper would have much confidence playing behind our defence at the moment.
    We are being found out because we keep giving the ball away. Third goal today we lost the ball in the centre circle and just over 4 seconds later Traffford was picking it out of the back of the net.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I agree.We seem to have gone backwards from last season to me.
    It will be very interesting where we are after the next 10 games against teams around us but I am not holding my breath.
    From what I have seen so far the only new players who are showing promise are Koleosho, Tresor and Odabert.For me Dellcroix, Berge, O`Shea and Amdouni have been a dissapointment.
    I cannot understand why we didnt sign Bellis Howell (although strangely whilst being linked to a number of Premier League clubs he ended up at Southampton on loan)
    I still have faith in Berge and Amdouni to produce at some point but agree with you regarding Delcroix and O Shea-at this stage they look a long way off Premiership level.
    If fit I would like to see Ekdal and Al-Dakeel in defence and Beyer in midfield (give the team more steel and drive)
    Trafford situation was similar to when we had Hart in goal, and in desperation Heaton was re-introduced-the back four improved-perhaps its time for Muric?
    Why drop Roberts too?-Vitinho simply cannot "cut it" at right back.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)