+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now are we regretting not..

Now are we regretting not..

Signing THB and Tella?

Some of our signing like O'Shea for example look below standard for this league. Would it not have been better to spend money on Tella & THB. I just think some of the signings will have to be moved on as they are just not good enough. What do you think guys?

Neither Delcroix, O'Shea nor Vitinho are EPL quality players.

Vitinho cost us two goals today and O'Shea one.

Tella, Maatsen and THB were priority signings in the same way Beyer was.

Why VK thinks Vitinho is a right back I have no idea.

Taylor's performance today showed exactly why Maatsen should be playing in a Burnley shirt.

Charlie was bloody awful today and Ramsey is just too slight for this division.

I was and still am a big fan of THB. A decision the club will regret in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    Signing THB and Tella?

Some of our signing like O'Shea for example look below standard for this league. Would it not have been better to spend money on Tella & THB. I just think some of the signings will have to be moved on as they are just not good enough. What do you think guys?
    I never understood the O`Shea signing.He seems to me to be an ideal Championship player.THB surely is/was a better prospect.
    One player that is shining however is Foster who seemed lost last season.
    Benson, despite being our match winner and game changer last season never gets a look in.
    To me it seems that for the system VK uses it is necessary to have good wingbacks like Maatsen.Vitinho is not good enough and Taylor is not suited to that role.Roberts also has a tendence to give the ball away which is again a major problem.
    The side just does not look balanced like last season but I am prepared to give VK the benefit of the doubt and see what happens from now until Xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I never understood the O`Shea signing.He seems to me to be an ideal Championship player.THB surely is/was a better prospect.
    One player that is shining however is Foster who seemed lost last season.
    Benson, despite being our match winner and game changer last season never gets a look in.
    To me it seems that for the system VK uses it is necessary to have good wingbacks like Maatsen.Vitinho is not good enough and Taylor is not suited to that role.Roberts also has a tendence to give the ball away which is again a major problem.
    The side just does not look balanced like last season but I am prepared to give VK the benefit of the doubt and see what happens from now until Xmas.
    And then what ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Neither Delcroix, O'Shea nor Vitinho are EPL quality players.

Vitinho cost us two goals today and O'Shea one.

Tella, Maatsen and THB were priority signings in the same way Beyer was.

Why VK thinks Vitinho is a right back I have no idea.

Taylor's performance today showed exactly why Maatsen should be playing in a Burnley shirt.

Charlie was bloody awful today and Ramsey is just too slight for this division.
    Haven’t been today BT in Scotland on holiday

My dads been though and filled me in - strange team selection but I guess he has to see how players play / fit into a system.

The problem is we’re doing it on the job so to speak and that isn’t good when we need points I. / we have to accept losing as part of the process however being victims of our own downfall is a different game and listening to my dad today that what happened.

We also have to accept Chelsea are a top 6 side by rights and full of quality players.

I think if VK could go back he’d maybe have opted for some experienced premiership players with the youngsters etc , there will be those that would argue we have those players in Taylor Rodriguez Robert’s ( none are really leaders ).

We may still be alright yet but I think questions will be asked before too long

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Haven’t been today BT in Scotland on holiday

My dads been though and filled me in - strange team selection but I guess he has to see how players play / fit into a system.

The problem is we’re doing it on the job so to speak and that isn’t good when we need points I. / we have to accept losing as part of the process however being victims of our own downfall is a different game and listening to my dad today that what happened.

We also have to accept Chelsea are a top 6 side by rights and full of quality players.

I think if VK could go back he’d maybe have opted for some experienced premiership players with the youngsters etc , there will be those that would argue we have those players in Taylor Rodriguez Robert’s ( none are really leaders ).

We may still be alright yet but I think questions will be asked before too long
    Stan's blind man on a galloping horse could see the threat Sterling was posing. VK did nothing.

I would have hooked him after 20 minutes.

I'm not at all sure what is going on in VK's head right now.

I do not blame Al Dikhil for the own goal, it seemed it just hit him and he did not appear to move towards the ball. I don't know why he was subbed at half time unless he was injured.

From half time we played with our poorset centre back pairing O'Shea and Delcroix, who knows what Vincent was thinking, both of those have not shown premier league class at all.

Odobert started well until he was cynically kicked by Cucurella, which I thought was a premedicated act which should have seen a red card.

The second half was by far the worst performance I have seen this season, Vincent needs to use the next two weeks to work on both defence and midfield for the team to be balenced.

I thought after last season THB and Tella would have been are top priorities, but we appear to have wasted money on O'Shea.

Perhaps VK thought we weren't going to get anything out of this game (though I don't understand why) and used it as an opportunity to do some squad rotation and experimentation.

How about playing Cork as a sitting DM in front of CB's. His orders are to protect the defence and move the ball forward but NOT do too much running about himself as we know his legs a gone. He would provide experience and calmness to a very young inexperienced side and provide some grit and "Balls" in our side. This would mean a sacrifice in other areas but right now the system is not working and is too lightweight to deal with quality PL opposition. Just a thought a we seem to have no real effect style and look lost?
    Last edited by Deadlydave; 08-10-2023 at 11:55 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)