+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Exeter City v Barnsley

Romared Match Thoughts Exeter City v Barnsley

Had our number last season did The Grecians with a well deserved double over us .

However our confidence is high on the road but this unbeaten run away from home will soon attract the football God's and it will end at some point .

Hopefully not tomorrow for the 600 travelling reds who the majority of are probably making a weekend of it in Torbay or Exeter itself which has a nice waterfront down by the River Exe .

No need to make any changes I wouldn't have thought Mr Collins other than injuries .

We live in hope of course .

Better late than never this thread 😄 but thanks anyway.

Read on News Now that Barnsley have more shots against than any other team.
    So IMO we need to change the formation and go 343 with the wing backs tucking in more.

So then ….
    ………… Roberts
    Williams - Mael - Shepherd
    Cotter - Russell - Styles - Cadden
    McAtee - Cosgrove - Cole

Styles doing the job he does for Hungary as anchor midfielder with occasional runs forward.

With 3 strikers to enable the ball to be moved quicker going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Better late than never this thread �� but thanks anyway.

Feel free to start one off Nudge, about three days before the match. As long as it isn't a wind up post i can't see anyone objecting. Start with the Orient build up.

Neil and Jon's rampant Men's Reds face a similar type game to the Cambridge one.

Barnsley presently W6 D1 L4
    Exeter presently W 5 D1 L5

A win for Exeter would give us identical records so they are not that far behind. Time for Neill and Jon's side to put clear blue water between themselves and the mid table sides with an emphatic win and not become one of the also rans.

# Go Well N&j's Rampant Men

Better late than never this thread 😄 but thanks anyway.

Read on News Now that Barnsley have more shots against than any other team.
    So IMO we need to change the formation and go 343 with the wing backs tucking in more.

So then ….
    ………… Roberts
    Williams - Mael - Shepherd
    Cotter - Russell - Styles - Cadden
    McAtee - Cosgrove - Cole

Styles doing the job he does for Hungary as anchor midfielder with occasional runs forward.

With 3 strikers to enable the ball to be moved quicker going forward.
    😀😀😀😀

First name on the sheet for me is Kane then the other 10 can be the same as who played so well at Cambridge , the old saying of " if you play well you keep the shirt " should apply after a 4 nil away win .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    First name on the sheet for me is Kane then the other 10 can be the same as who played so well at Cambridge , the old saying of " if you play well you keep the shirt " should apply after a 4 nil away win .
    It’s all about opinions Shads - but for me Kane wouldn’t even be included on the bench.
    I’m not saying he’s not a talented footballer - because he clearly is - but IMO his style of play is too slow - which doesn’t dovetail into the Barnsley style.

It’s all about opinions Shads - but for me Kane wouldn’t even be included on the bench.
    I’m not saying he’s not a talented footballer - because he clearly is - but IMO his style of play is too slow - which doesn’t dovetail into the Barnsley style.
    In a sentence or two what is "the Barnsley style" under Neill and Jon Nudge ?

The style of play is dictated by the coach not the player , whilst you are right about having our own opinions I & respect you don"t like the lad but its a team game & I genuinely cannot believe that anyone cannot see what he brings to the team both off & on the ball , his work rate is outstanding , he never stops but the main thing about his game is apart from the fact that he probably has the best football brain in the team he never hides & always looks to play the pass , like I have said before he is another Ray McHale , I want to see footballers & not headless chickens , you obviously prefer it the other way round .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    In a sentence or two what is "the Barnsley style" under Neill and Jon Nudge ?
    During the last supporters meeting I think it was Khaled that actually described the Barnsley style.
    There is a technical term for describing it.

I can’t remember what the actually words were - but it’s something to do with quick turnover of possession - moving forward as one unit during a defensive press - then once they have retrieved the ball moving the ball forward at speed.

But thats not how Kane plays - what he tends to do is look sideways or backwards when he receives the ball - which is contrary to how the Barnsley system is supposed to work.
    Take note during a game of how many times he turns sideways or backwards to play a ‘SAFE’ pass instead of trying to move the attack forward.

IMO Collins is struggling to adapt to the Barnsley way of doing things. Currently turnover and moving forward are far too slow compared to previous head coaches that used the Barnsley system.

It’s important that supporters try to understand the system the club has employed because it explains what the recruitment team are looking for when they search for players.
    It also explains why the team lines up in a certain way eg no wingers.

When Duff arrived he tried to revert to Ismaels 343 but it didn’t work and so he changed it to 352 - then he made it work.
    But he didn’t get a grip on it as well as what Ismael did.

Obviously Schopp and Asbaghi didn’t play the system - because Conway told them not to.
    Conway went off script - in his attempt to get the players to play slow tippy tappy sideways football (ie player’s spending more time on the ball) so the players would look more attractive to potential buyers.
    Hence some supporters now comparing the style of Collins to the style of Schopp.

Khaled told us in the infamous Radio Sheffield interview that Conway had done this.
    And the reason why you will never see me criticise either Schopp or Ashbagi.

There’s a Barnsley Way of playing.
    The head coach and players need to stick to it.

Well, thy answered that in 'a sentence or two' Nudger

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast