+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pizza cup- portion 2

Pizza cup- portion 2

So rumour has it that Wrexham are taking the competition seriously and are bringing a bigger away following than usual for this event. Whether the management are playing a full team or not is another matter.
    I know most Crewe fans don't bother with the competition (as don't the club) but I will be there (assuming I've shaken off the vaccination induced mini-flu!) as it's technically a first team game and it's a competition we've won before.
    However as we're most likely to play a hugely weakened team, I suspect that we'll lose 2-0.

OS says 'Crewe suffered defeat in the opening trophy game against Port Vale, whilst Wrexham edged past Newcastle Town Under-21s.'

Now if it had been Newcastle Town's youngsters Wrexham really would have been worried by only edging past!

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    OS says 'Crewe suffered defeat in the opening trophy game against Port Vale, whilst Wrexham edged past Newcastle Town Under-21s.'

Now if it had been Newcastle Town's youngsters Wrexham really would have been worried by only edging past!
    see this as an opportunity to rest a few players, and get some fresh legs out on the pitch

Would be nice to see Booth given a game, along with Lunt and Finney (who play well together), plus Rowe and Nev

Expect we will see Billington as well.

Even Agius..

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Even Agius..
    Probably on the bench (?)

Forgot prediction earlier ...

Alecs to win 4-2

Nev to get hat-trick

So tonight's game is on I-follow?? Why wasn't the Vale match on then?

It was, I paid a tenner to watch it rather than going back to Vale Park for a second time!

Just seen that Steve Jones is at the game tonight ...

Remember seeing us away at West Ham, and Jonah had slept on the floor in the hospital at the bedside of his child.

He was named on the subs bench, and came on and scored the equaliser in a 1-1 draw.

It was a very special moment for him, players/manager and the fans - top bloke!

VERY many changes:

Booth, Williams, Offord, Colkett, Lunt, Nevitt, Rowe, Finney, Billington, White, Agius
    Bench: Davies, Adebisi, CBR, Tracey, Powell, Nolan, Robinson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast