+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Channel 4 - My dead body

O/T Channel 4 - My dead body

A fascinating insight of the anatomy of the human body in that, they are actually dissecting donated human bodies.

On now, take a look if you’re not squeamish.

Very emotional realising these were once loved human beings sadly missed by their loved ones.

Brilliant programme, watched it 1st time it was on.

My younger son had to face up to dissecting dead bodies and body parts when he was at medical school. This was in the first year and they were given a fair bit of pre-surgery counseling before they were allowed anywhere near the bodies. A lot of the students found it pretty tough to deal with. Above all else they were taught to treat the cadavers with the utmost respect and, to a man and a woman, they followed that advice rigorously, I'm told.

Not sure I could do it.

Now being repeated from the beginning on channel 4+1 for those interested.

Always thought about donating my body when I’m gone, think you’ve just put me off

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Always thought about donating my body when I’m gone, think you’ve just put me off
    Why, tha won’t feel owt. 😄

Toni the brave young woman, who donated her body, has already helped towards teaching over 1,000 medical students understand the human anatomy more during their studies, plus it stated that going forward this will multiply ten fold.

Such a tragic story from what appeared to be a very volatile relationship she was in for many years. God bless her ❤️