+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hamas o/t

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    If you want to no more about what happened in 1948 and the lead up to it Exodus by Leon Uris is a great read. Yes it's a work of fiction and written by a Jew so with a bias but gives a great insight as to why Israel won.
    Ilan Pappe's "The ethnic cleaning of Palestine" is another informative read and covers the period 1948-2008. The book has an obvious Palestinian bias and I don't agree with all of the arguments in it (as one reviewer at the time pointed out, he does a great dis-service to the Jews in not really understanding or discussing their motives so soon after their horrific experiences during the Second World War and the subsequent Exodus from Europe) but still makes some valid points. The Allies didn't exactly cover themselves in glory at this time either, although having to try and deal with millions of refugees (Jewish or otherwise) throughout much of Europe along with the threat of Soviet Russia and everything else meant that there were no easy solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by On Balance View Post
    I understand why people are concerned with the BBC’s stance. John Simpson provides a simple explanation in the link below.

I believe the sentence in which he says “The key point is that we don't say it in our voice. Our business is to present our audiences with the facts, and let them make up their own minds.”

It is interesting to read what he says, and it indicates that the BBC have always had this view, with perhaps many of us not realising it.

Link

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67083432
    I understand what they are saying but they didn’t apply the same criteria to ISIS. The BBC referred to them as terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I understand what they are saying but they didn’t apply the same criteria to ISIS. The BBC referred to them as terrorists.
    You could well be right LB. I don’t recall whether or not they did, but if they did, John Simpson’s argument certainly falls down.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Ilan Pappe's "The ethnic cleaning of Palestine" is another informative read and covers the period 1948-2008. The book has an obvious Palestinian bias and I don't agree with all of the arguments in it (as one reviewer at the time pointed out, he does a great dis-service to the Jews in not really understanding or discussing their motives so soon after their horrific experiences during the Second World War and the subsequent Exodus from Europe) but still makes some valid points. The Allies didn't exactly cover themselves in glory at this time either, although having to try and deal with millions of refugees (Jewish or otherwise) throughout much of Europe along with the threat of Soviet Russia and everything else meant that there were no easy solutions.
    The Jews were ethnically cleansed from the area around 2500 BCE so depends from when you want to start. There was most definitely ethnic cleansing of Arabs after 1948.

What no one can argue with whether then or now is your last 3 words

The BBC are just hypocrites. If we really think that they are fair in the way they behave with their own propaganda then we’ve all been duped.

A BBC reporter questions the PLO member insisting he condem the atrocities, literally being pestered to do it… oh are you not going to condemn?, are you not going to condem? when he repeatedly said he lost loved ones from the conflict - which the presenter repeatedly ignored.
    We know how bad loss of lives are but he wasn’t a hamas or believed their ideology. Why is it certain media feel the need to pressure people to come out and condemn.. i don’t get it. It wouldn’t be genuine when someone tells you to. Did they come out and insist UK politicians to condemn when wars in afghanistan or iraq took place? I doubt it.
    It pees me off this is what our media is about when innocent lives lost at the concert, and families and loved ones having to see media trying to force a condemnation- making their pain even more painful. Show some fkin respect.

The FA should stop all this lighting up stadiums bollox. Does this really show solidarity? seriously? I’m sure there are better examples of doing this than showing.
    FIFA probably have a point about mixing politics with football.

The big picture is that unless the human race has some grown up and serious conversations about our species then we will never solve problems like hatred between many of us.
    First, we have to acknowledge our faults.
    Us humans can soon descend into behaviour similar to our primitive ape cousins, only worse.
    We are inherently a herd species and fiercely territorial.
    Yes, we have sophisticated many of the so-called animal traits to some great extent but they soon appear when given the opportunity.
    We can draw maps as much as we like but until we develop individual self-responsibility and follow our own judgment, we will continue to herd together is whatever groups we are born to, follow, believe and trust whatever the pack leaders tell us be in race, religion country etc etc.
    Its getting close to the time when humanity need to wake up and look for solutions.
    I’d start with making all world leads women – They are less violent by nature. Banning religion for example wont help as we will just find another way to group together and look for a enemy.
    Otherwise, unless we want to wait for thousands of years by evolution if we survive without destroying ourselves then it has to be genetics. Edit out those genes that make the males especially prone to dominance and violence.

Of course its fantasy to reason it out because at the then of the day we like killing each other, honestly... yes we do
    Why are the most popular games us boys play about killing some percieved enemy.

https://x.com/stillgray/status/1713045971305988355?s=20

Worth 1 min of your time, but there's no money / power in promoting peace only in war
    The British and Americans have promoted division around the world and this is the issue really

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    https://x.com/stillgray/status/1713045971305988355?s=20

Worth 1 min of your time, but there's no money / power in promoting peace only in war
    The British and Americans have promoted division around the world and this is the issue really
    Good watch BS. As for the British and Americans promoting division let's not overlook the efforts of Russia, China and Iran among others. Credit where it's due. Division isn't a bilateral endeavour.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Good watch BS. As for the British and Americans promoting division let's not overlook the efforts of Russia, China and Iran among others. Credit where it's due. Division isn't a bilateral endeavour.
    Very true, lots of countries do well out of promoting division

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    Very true, lots of countries do well out of promoting division
    One famous youtuber came out to say this, and even went on to say the us congressman all have shares in the military weapons industry - since then, this youtuber got cancelled and got accused of being setxual predator and all sorts. Pretty much everyone on here called him a c unt. To be fair i did too early on in his career. But all this does makes you wonder.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)