+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: SPFL TRUST TROPHY / Rd 4 / PETERHEAD (A)

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Personally I am raging about this.

Who cares about winning these matches - not me.

Bitter experience last time under McKinnon when diddy cup win meant we were tired by Hamilton play off

I’d play youngsters as then they get a bit of experience.

Cannot understand why playing Moult, Docherty etc
    Totally agree, no way should our main first team players be risked in that.

Get the young team in and as you say get experience.

Why not trust the actions of the management? If they want to play Moult, Docherty etc then respect their judgement, they know more about it than you or I. If you are calling it a diddy cup then you're calling us diddies, we are there on merit. So nothing would please you more than a good pasting at home to Raith Rovers in the last 8? Aye right and the diddy cupers would be blaming the loudest. I'm looking forward to seeing the draw, just hope we get a home tie as we're on an away spell at the time. Hoping it'll not tire us out for the play-offs

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Why not trust the actions of the management? If they want to play Moult, Docherty etc then respect their judgement, they know more about it than you or I. If you are calling it a diddy cup then you're calling us diddies, we are there on merit. So nothing would please you more than a good pasting at home to Raith Rovers in the last 8? Aye right and the diddy cupers would be blaming the loudest. I'm looking forward to seeing the draw, just hope we get a home tie as we're on an away spell at the time. Hoping it'll not tire us out for the play-offs
    See all the people posting this kind of stuff will be just as disappointed as everyone else if we drop league points due to injuries to key players. Because it hasn't happened yet folk are saying what's the problem. So far there isn't one, doesn't mean there won't be one in future.

And you're expecting us to be in the play offs??

There's a risk with everything a manager does. Some of those players might have been needing games to get back to fitness, some might have been starting just to see how an slight strain reacts on the advice of the physio, same might have been needing time to try and build up match sharpness and some might be in to try and build their confidence. These lads will be training at the same intensity that they play a game, so there is every chance that they can pick up an injury in training. I trust JG and the players enough that if there was any issue with any of those players starting...then it would have been discussed and the correct descision would have been made. The fans need to give JG a bit of respect and trust that he has an idea of what he is doing!!! Winning games is a habit that we want to make sure that we don't give up on, that mentality is what will win us the league!

100% it's a diddy cup, nobody thinks when you are fighting relegation, silver lining if we go down we qualify for the diddy cup. Give me a choice of a pasting in the next round with a makeshift team or losing Gallagher or Moult through injury, I'll take the pasting any day of the week. Goes without saying I want Utd to win any game, but in the grand scheme of things, this is akin to the forfarshire cup in importance, so doesn't in my mind at least justify hoping it won't tire us out or cost us injuries. The manager clearly thinks different, and sees value in it, but i'd definitely be taking the Robbie Neilson approach to this.

Your last point is the main reason a lot of Arabs are against us fielding a strong team in this competition. It's bitten us in the past in this exact way.

One of the worst posts ever in my opinion

I dont necessarily trust the management in this cup, but if its right that the Gaffer and his players do indeed want this cup in the cabinet, then they get my support. Im all for getting more games in players legs if needed, but there is always the risk of loosing a player long term in any game, or training as has been demonstrated.

Diddy cup it is, and yes a bunch of diddies got us here, but you talk that we are in this cup on "merit", well i think you need to go and look at the definition of merit, because the only thing worthy about last season was our failure! Absolutely nothing good or deserving of praise and reward from last season!

I dont think any Arab could accept a pasting at home to anyone, but the team would be deserving of whatever blame levelled at them. But like Terry has said, there would be less of a concern amongst us about end of season fatigue, something that has featured in too many seasons in the past.

Of course it's a Diddy cup, the prize money for winning it doesn't even cover the cost of competing in it. There should be one target this season and only one! The manager has even said that himself and yet he's putting out a virtually full strength team trying to win it. It's almost on a level with gambling in January on not needing a new goalie. Stupid competition and it can GTF for me.

Why not trust the actions of the management?

Hoping it'll not tire us out for the play-offs
    So you are trusting the management to get us to the play offs? Your a mixed up spider bud.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)