+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jodi available for Mansfield?

Jodi available for Mansfield?

In other words see you Saturday JJ when you tear the inbreds apart.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    In other words see you Saturday JJ when you tear the inbreds apart.
    I assumed he would be missing so I really hope you're right.

I hope this is a 'selective injury' on behalf of the club and he plays on Saturday.

I think he is injured as the international is a qualifier and against Italy and from a personal point of view I’d imagine Jodi definitely wanted to play in it.

Malta have zip chance of qualifying, so I think there is a chance JJ might place a higher importance on the Mansfield game. Hopefully it is not an injury whatever.

I might be wrong but I think international teams can essentially bar players from playing for club teams if they withdraw from international duty

Quote Originally Posted by Rez1862 View Post
    I might be wrong but I think international teams can essentially bar players from playing for club teams if they withdraw from international duty
    It would not be a good look if he’s withdrawn from the Malta squad and then plays for us on Saturday - especially as they have a midweek game as well. Best case scenario, he could be on the bench for us.

I was really surprised TAR played a full game tonight.
    Now I’m not so surprised.
    Would be great to have him with us on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Rez1862 View Post
    I think you could be wrong. Playing international football is a choice. The club pays the player.
    I recall the FA were looking to implement a ban on clubs who refused to release players for England.
    Ultimately, JJ runs the risk of not being called up in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I think you could be wrong. Playing international football is a choice. The club pays the player.
    I recall the FA were looking to implement a ban on clubs who refused to release players for England.
    Ultimately, JJ runs the risk of not being called up in future.
    The rules give the National Federations most of the power in this situation
    You often see countries insisting an injured player travels out for assessment by their own medics rather than just accept what the player's club medical teams say
    In the end some players decide the least worst option is to retire from International football especially if they are not based in the home country

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast