+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jodi available for Mansfield?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I think you could be wrong. Playing international football is a choice. The club pays the player.
    I recall the FA were looking to implement a ban on clubs who refused to release players for England.
    Ultimately, JJ runs the risk of not being called up in future.
    He isnt wrong and believe it or not you can be barred even if you have retired.

Cameroon tried this with Matip at Liverpool.

Jones not play unless Malta say yes he can play its that simple.

My guess is he not play as I cant imagine him not wanting to play against Italy.

Id play Nemane/Chicksen as wing backs Saturday.

Pretty sure Chicksen is injured, I can see TAR and Nemane being the wing backs on Saturday.

I think after last night I would play Nemane and Austin if Jones isn't available with TAR on the bench

TAR (Right)
    Nemane (Left)

I’ve always wondered if players have the ability to pick and choose the international games they play in. Ferguson certainly created an art form out of selectively pulling his players out of games he didn’t deem worthy of them playing in. I can’t imagine for one minute that JJ wouldn’t want to play against Italy or put his international future at risk.

If he is out against Mansfield I hope Sam Austin takes his place, he was fantastic in that position against Salford.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    He isnt wrong and believe it or not you can be barred even if you have retired.

Cameroon tried this with Matip at Liverpool.

Jones not play unless Malta say yes he can play its that simple.

My guess is he not play as I cant imagine him not wanting to play against Italy.

Id play Nemane/Chicksen as wing backs Saturday.
    It all depends on what Jones' relationship with Malta is like. He's one of their two or three best players realistically, so there's an argument that they need him more than he needs them. Italy also is weirdly not a particularly important game for Malta - it's obviously nice for the players, but they're going to lose either way and the games Malta will be really focused on are the ones against similar nations where they can improve their ranking/seeding.

Basically, if Jones has got a 'small knock' that would've ruled him out of training with Malta this week, and he's very keen to play against Mansfield with it being a big game on TV, they might not be that bothered about him missing a game away against Italy and give him their blessing to do it.

So we'll have to wait and see, it's a bit of a Malteser.

Some players Revel in it

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    Some players Revel in it
    It's a dilemma twix club, and country

Either way, there’s no need to get our Snickers in a twist!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast