+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HJK Helsinki (a)

Yep I received that email too. Very strange as I have never considered Glasgow to be Central Belt.

Your second paragraph above though emphasises that you are no longer a supporter these days but just as a customer and as ever the customer with the most financial input or clout will win the day.

I'm in the fortunate position at the moment and also through choice of being a regular attender and therefore don't struggle for tickets.

Think everyone on AFC and every supporters club on mailing list has received the same email.

Difficult one for club to handle , but some people need to realise that the folk who put money into the DNA scheme are putting their cash into AFC for no returns.
    That money has been used on transfers and youth system.
    I also assume a considerable proportion of the DNA subscribers also have season tickets, that amounts to a fair amount of cash to AFC.
    Buying tickets for away games puts no money into AFC coffers.
    Away games in Europe often entail distribution of small amount of tickets at short notice and that makes it very difficult to allocate and keep everyone happy. And I see the reason the club putting the people who give AFC money priority over some tickets and understand the frustration of those who attend away games having to wait for their chance of tickets.

The semi final and final are different in that respect as the four clubs involved at semi stage share the gate receipts,so club want as much fans as possible ( plus help fight cause for allocation if in final against the heathens)

^^ Good points well put.

There is another faction worth considering. Ah've considered doing the DNA thing because I never attend games ... most because I canna due tae gigs and ither commitments, and others I canna due tae lack o' gigs ... therefore dinna hae the cash tae spare. but could maybe contribute .... even though I wid rarely if ever tak any advantage o' membership in terms o' acquirin' tickets.
    Ah'm sure there are a good number o' folk of a similar mind ... but fa have actually paid for DNA.

It's a tricky one regarding the ticketing process. If you get a ticket, you think it's fair. If you don't get a ticket, you think it needs changed.

All my family are in Edinburgh so I make a point of going down to the Hibs and Hearts games and making a weekend of it. With Hearts cutting the away allocation down to something silly it rules me out of getting a ticket. Fair enough really but it means those who do have enough points for tickets can get one plus they get the extra points that go with it meaning they'll keep on getting tickets.

I suppose they could take a portion of each away allocation and put them up for general sale to people no matter how many points they have. Maybe dust Deeks tombola machine off and draw fans out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    It's a tricky one regarding the ticketing process. If you get a ticket, you think it's fair. If you don't get a ticket, you think it needs changed.

All my family are in Edinburgh so I make a point of going down to the Hibs and Hearts games and making a weekend of it. With Hearts cutting the away allocation down to something silly it rules me out of getting a ticket. Fair enough really but it means those who do have enough points for tickets can get one plus they get the extra points that go with it meaning they'll keep on getting tickets.

I suppose they could take a portion of each away allocation and put them up for general sale to people no matter how many points they have. Maybe dust Deeks tombola machine off and draw fans out of that.
    Aye, it's a hoor. be good if the 'powers that be' could look at this page ... particularly the last few posts .... it's nae aa wrang, it's nae aa right.... but it can easy be done better. How? Dinna ask me ,,, Ah'm jist sayin'

I don’t think it would be a too much of a stretch, if Supporters Clubs were guaranteed a few tickets for these types of games. Would anyone complain if they were given 5 each?

Mondo_notion makes a good point regarding say hearts away tickets. I have been lucky enough to get one of the 620 tickets due to having enough points. If I keep going I get the points and will always get a ticket but how long would someone take to build up enough points to be in with a shout of a hearts ticket. There is also the issue of high pointers scooping up these tickets to get the points but have no intention of going thus their ticket filters down to someone who wants it but they then don't get the points. I have no idea of the solution. I doubt you'll ever get a system that will satisfy everyone. Mason says why not give every supporters club 5. The supporters club i got mine through last season for hearts got 2 tickets. I got 1 by dint of the fact that I had been the guy to have gone to every game. Mason could argue that that was unfair and it should have been names in the hat but then I could argue that was unfair that someone who had been to only a couple of games got a ticket for hearts over me who had been to every game. As I say I doubt there is a solution that will work for all.

Plenty tickets left for Eintracht Frankfurt at home but I have a mate coming home from the other side of the world who can't purchase because he doesn't have enough points. He can only make a very very occasional game obviously.

If the supporters clubs had 5 to hand out, then that would at least offer an opportunity to get one. Whether they did it by a draw, or gave them out to the folk that go most often, would be up to them. It’s just about having a shot at one.

None of us qualified for Burnley away, despite going to most of the aways & the odd home. I know a guy who went down for his first game in 20 odd years.

I understand that fans should be rewarded for their financial input but there’s got to be room to manoeuvre. Speaking of which, I spent well over £100 on one keeper strip for my nephew when I was in the club shop the other week. Should be wearing masks in there. Zero points for it

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Mondo_notion makes a good point regarding say hearts away tickets. I have been lucky enough to get one of the 620 tickets due to having enough points. If I keep going I get the points and will always get a ticket but how long would someone take to build up enough points to be in with a shout of a hearts ticket. There is also the issue of high pointers scooping up these tickets to get the points but have no intention of going thus their ticket filters down to someone who wants it but they then don't get the points. I have no idea of the solution. I doubt you'll ever get a system that will satisfy everyone. Mason says why not give every supporters club 5. The supporters club i got mine through last season for hearts got 2 tickets. I got 1 by dint of the fact that I had been the guy to have gone to every game. Mason could argue that that was unfair and it should have been names in the hat but then I could argue that was unfair that someone who had been to only a couple of games got a ticket for hearts over me who had been to every game. As I say I doubt there is a solution that will work for all.

Plenty tickets left for Eintracht Frankfurt at home but I have a mate coming home from the other side of the world who can't purchase because he doesn't have enough points. He can only make a very very occasional game obviously.
    I'm confused by your last paragraph. The Frankfurt tickets are on general sale, does that not mean that you don't need any points to buy a ticket - just be registered on the clubs database?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    ‘Central Belt Dons Fans’ received an email from the club today, specifically asking us to top up the support at the semi. Don’t recall getting one for Burnley or Helsinki away.

I’m not even asking for parity with the teuchters. I think that if you’re regularly going to games, you at least deserve a chance at the showbiz games, before being completely f*cked over by DNAers on a jolly
    We'll be taking about 3 times as many fans to the semi final than to both of those games combined so not sure what your point is.

You are - there's a loyalty point system in place where you're given points for attending games, even those away from home.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast