+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Florist kids

Florist kids

After the lord Mayor’s show.

FFS

It’s a tinpot cup anyhow griff so I wouldn’t be bothered about it to much,first round draw of the FA Cup proper is on Sunday so that’s something far better to look forward to

Never seen Simmo so angry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQhaWakgLuw

I’m angry myself. I spunked a tenner to watch that garbage on iFollow. Get the Yanks in and get some money spent at Christmas. We need a clear-out of untalented, uninterested and unprofessional players.

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post
    Angry?

Tbh you should be glad that you are out of it and protect your players for league one survival especially if there’s going to be investment in the club

I was there with my youngest lad, it was a terrible game.

The Forest kids kept falling over with 'growing pains' and staying down for about half an hour to ensue it looked like the free kick was justified to the ref - problem was also that because our players were men and many of the Forest players were literally boys then whenever we went near them it looked an unfair challenge with a big bloke towering over a little boy and because of this most decisions went their way, one Forest lad near the end looked seriously injured after a clash of boots came together, he went off on a stretcher so I hope that he is alright.

The lack of skill from the Carlisle United players was shocking and it looked like Forest were the League One club, if both sides physical presence was reversed then Forest would have probably have gotten double figures.

Forest were very skilful but their first goal just seemed to go through our keeper from distance, their second one was a peach though straight from the training ground.

The game was winnable however if they had gone about it the right way as it was clear as day that we were not good enough or fast enough to pass it through them, we could have got at them in the air though as their lack of height and presence meant that if we just kept lumping the ball into a crowded penalty are we would have eventually gotten something as they just would not have been able to cope, however they just kept trying to pass through them even though it clearly was not working and getting shown up by the Forest boys who read them nearly every time.

Like Griff summed up, we need to clear the decks of the lesser skilled players, one player that came out with any credit was Butterworth as he showed desire and was involved in one of our most decent passages of play with a mazy run, the Forest lads seemed more up for it.

I arfed at the game a few times as Mellish looked like he was in Lilliput stomping around all these little people, a couple of the smaller Forest lads had styled their hair in a bouffant style to give themselves an extra inch in height, that was about all that there was to laugh at mind you as apart from the Moxon free kick that was pushed onto the woodwork we rarely threatened their keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    Angry?

Tbh you should be glad that you are out of it and protect your players for league one survival especially if there’s going to be investment in the club
    Yeah but in order to get through a season you need strength in depth to cope with the injuries and suspensions you get just from the league games. Right now it looks like we have an OK starting 11 plus a couple, but the rest are no better than pool league 2 players.

Better than non league… we are worse for squad depth.. stop moaning cause you got beat by the better “Nottingham” team.. they have European pedigree.. 😎

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)