+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Courier article today

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The Friends of Dundee members do not pay an annual subscription.
    I think they do, they’d need to to qualify for POTY tickets

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I’d predict Big Rabbies Dark Blues have at least double our number, going on numbers requested for Queens Park match, membership is into four figures, Broughty Ferry and Carnoustie, although they don’t run a bus to all away matches do have a large membership
    I appreciate there will be four or five, maybe six larger clubs but the average membership number will be significantly smaller than the membership of those clubs because of the clubs with single figure memberships. Not challenging too strongly on the idea that totals might exceed 1,000 but for me I estimate as low as 700 and possibly as high as 1,200. Not 'thousands'.

I joined that page a while back and didn't pay any fees. Got off it very quickly because in all honesty it's populated by some very weird people.

Any idea how many go to the AGM? I know for a fact that the DSA can't give tickets away, I refused one myself a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I appreciate there will be four or five, maybe six larger clubs but the average membership number will be significantly smaller than the membership of those clubs because of the clubs with single figure memberships. Not challenging too strongly on the idea that totals might exceed 1,000 but for me I estimate as low as 700 and possibly as high as 1,200. Not 'thousands'.
    You cud probably half that number for active club members.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    You cud probably half that number for active club members.
    I've estimated on the high side because I'm trying to get somewhere near a justifiable statement of 'thousands of members'.

I genuinely suspect they're counting the numbers on that FaceBook group as 'members'. A lie that Nelms will be happy to go along with as it perpetuates his justification of speaking to the DSA sycophants and not the Dee4Life board who are happier to ask him the awkward questions.

Ours has roughly 90 paid members this year.

I joined that page a while back and didn't pay any fees. Got off it very quickly because in all honesty it's populated by some very weird people.

Any idea how many go to the AGM? I know for a fact that the DSA can't give tickets away, I refused one myself a few years back.
    They don’t attend monthly meeting, the head boy stays in Carlisle but they hope someone local will attend,
    player of the year sold out every year, some clubs don’t take full allocation though some request more, I haven’t been for years as it’s always a Sunday, I’d need to take a days holiday

I am a member of the Friends of Dundee FC Facebook Page and I have never seen anything about members having to pay a membership fee to qualify to attend the POTY dinner.

I've estimated on the high side because I'm trying to get somewhere near a justifiable statement of 'thousands of members'.

I genuinely suspect they're counting the numbers on that FaceBook group as 'members'. A lie that Nelms will be happy to go along with as it perpetuates his justification of speaking to the DSA sycophants and not the Dee4Life board who are happier to ask him the awkward questions.
    It is likely that a lot of members of Dundee supporters clubs are also members of the Friends of Dundee FC Facebook group.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    It is likely that a lot of members of Dundee supporters clubs are also members of the Friends of Dundee FC Facebook group.
    And also Dee4Life of course

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)