+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: ❔Score, scorers and attendance predictions v Mansfield [H] 14.10.2023 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    This is a brilliant interview - the last reporter in particular asks some really insightful questions about LW’s early years. A bit different to your average pre-match presser.
    Picked up by the BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67090256

Notts County: Luke Williams' rise from coaching young offenders to leading the Magpies' renaissance

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Easily done bless him. I know you’re not picking fault but both him and Ollie are still very young and I love the stuff they are doing for the site.
    Certainly not picking fault, and the first mention of Mackail-Smith ignited some good memories. When we went down in the 2018/19 season our home win against them denied them automatic promotion. If they had beat us they would have gone up in second place, instead they finished fourth and bottled the playoffs. Didn't save us, but at least it meant we were only one division below them instead of two.

Notts 2 Stags 2
    Macca, Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I’m really excited about this game. A full house. 2 good teams locking horns. As others have alluded to, I think think this game will hinge on which Notts side turns up.
    If we dominate good possession as we can, I don’t think Mansfield will cope. There isn’t a single side Stags have played this season that play the way we do. Players like Flint, who are very strong, will be asked to defend subtle movement, slide rule passes. Rather than using his height and physicality.
    I’m going with my heart on this one. Notts 3 v stags 1

I really hope we have a good ref.
    We've played and beaten League 1 Peterborough and Championship Sheff Wed, both of whom played dominant, possession based football. We also play that style. If we play our best, we won't be beaten. 15 teams so far have failed to do it, so if you manage to be the first, fair play, it'll mean you're the real deal.

I'm going for 1-1

It's a new Notts side without any old Notts baggage and I don't think we will be fazed out by the fact it is Mansfield, they are just another team up there.
    Very difficult to call but I will go for 2-1 to us.
    Full house.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Picked up by the BBC:

Notts County: Luke Williams' rise from coaching young offenders to leading the Magpies' renaissance
    With this link in the piece

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35784692

There are quite a few scorelines you can imagine for this one...a full Sirrel seems to inspire teams

But for a big derby game, I'll go 1-1, Cameron, 16,544

I'm going full Wedgie for this one.

Notts 3 Stags 3

Notts 2 Stags 3

Notts 1 Mansfield 2

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast