+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rovers Return

Rovers Return

Here's hoping that normal service is resumed ...

Another clean sheet would be brilliant

Going for a 'canny' 2-0 win

CBR and Nev to score

My pessimistic streak is niggling at me and wondering if our 'run' is over. I don't really have a lot of evidence for this. As I say it's just a niggle but the last couple of games seem to re-introduce some worrying reminders of last season. It depends on if the opposition pay a high press because the Alex don't know how to beat it. Well, that's not quite true but then (because the players are not mobile enough) having beaten the press, the ball then gets played back into it and the defence has to do it all again. The other thing about beating the press is to do it quickly so that the opposition are pulled out of position and we can set up an attack in the space behind. If the approach is at walking pace, this is never going to work.
    I've seen a fair bit of 'walking' in the last two games.
    Anyway, the plastic scousers. Don't know enough about them other than their poor position. And that Brad Walker plays for them. Can't see us keeping a clean sheet.
    O'Riordan is not available so how will that work out with the back line? Whatever, Rio has to stay RM. Not sure where Thomas is and whether he would be considered anyway. Is Long actually fit enough unlike last week when he said he was fine but was not available.
    So, in the end 1-1. (due to 'walking football')

Nev ought to score against his old team - always happens to us and Mickey D did it against Newport! My guess is one reason Zac williams played CH in the Pizza cup was because he'll need to take O'Riordan's place on Saturday, so maybe back 3 of him, Offord and Demetreou, Rio and Finney wing backs.

I always forget about Finney as LWB as he 1st appeared in the team as a midfielder. He hasn't actually imprinted himself upon me as anything in particular yet!
    Nev didn't actually throw down the gauntlet to demand his place up front with his performance on Tuesday night.
    Mind you, I have said repeatedly in the past on these boards that he's not lone forward material. He's much better suited to being in the hustle and bustle of at least a 2 man frontline..
    So will it be 3-4-3 or 3-5-2? The latter would probably White involved. Personally I'd 3-4-3 as it's more attacking.

Large-ish article in the Mirror on today's game. Though of course it doesn't say much.Focuses on CBRs career more than anything. Quotes him as saying we play "***y football".
    Plus when you look at all the betting, it seems the Alex only have to turn up to win today.
    The omens are not good.😟

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Large-ish article in the Mirror on today's game. Though of course it doesn't say much.Focuses on CBRs career more than anything. Quotes him as saying we play "***y football".
    Plus when you look at all the betting, it seems the Alex only have to turn up to win today.
    The omens are not good.��
    The bigger news is the story being reported that Bradford are very interested in Lee Bell. Been in the media for a few days now. Hope he’s there this afternoon.

Going for a 3--1 win today, if Nev plays surely he'll score!! If LB goes what will we do promote from within and who?? can only be Kenny,with any sort of experience!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    The bigger news is the story being reported that Bradford are very interested in Lee Bell. Been in the media for a few days now. Hope he’s there this afternoon.
    That's not 'good news' !!

Don't think its likely!
    So 4-3-3 today

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post

Going for a 'canny' 2-0 win
    Got score right, but wasn't very 'canny'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast