+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Fans Noise

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    Nobody's calling for LW to go and even a few more defeats wouldn't elicit that view from fans who've been with this club for more than a couple of years. We all know how well he and The Bros are doing overall, but you cannot escape the fact Saurday was abysmal. We as fans are entitled to say that. He might have to defend his players in public, and with such a thin squad probably also has to temper his words in private. He's no mug and I personally hope he's here for many years to come. But, if he is going to be even more successful he will need The Bros support to address areas of clear concern.
    You say abysmal but boy have we seen worse and consistently. I do think we tried to bolster the defence but the club wants to get the right players and we also lost Scott and Baj late on. I don’t want the club signing just anyone permanently and going back to the days of a squad full of deadwood even if it means short term pain.

Agree a difference of opinion is healthy, imagine how boring it would be if we all thought the same, i left at 3_1, the game to me was over and it was bloody depressing watching them collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    This!

Some people (but actually not that many at all) are hyper critical of players.

Others are hyper protective of players and will find every excuse under the sun for them, including in this case blaming it on the fans.

I can't imagine this poster ever saying something as blunt as 'the players failed', yet the people who pay good money and take time out of their weekend have apparently failed by leaving early after a crap performance and heavy defeat in a derby.

Saturday was crap, we have some concerns about squad depth and teams being able to neutralise our playing out from the back, but things are generally very good, nobody sane of mind is calling for LW to go - just let people discuss the match for God's sake!
    Drillerpie I presume I'm this poster
    I didn't and don't think that we lost the game because of the fans, but I also know that support does help, look across the river last season Cooper kept his job because of them and they played a major part them staying up, it was no coincidence their home form kept them up.
    On a lot smaller scale we have done that in our previous home games but Saturday we were quieter.
    I'm certainly not hyper protective of the players and there are a few that aren't good enough for League 2 but think it was best to keep the majority of the squad and introduce a few players rather than overhaul the whole squad to start with ..but do it gradually.
    I think we will bring a couple of players in in January including a big centre back(6ft isn't big anymore) but what I like about the owners is they are trying to run the club properly and will be patient and won't pay stupid prices for players.
    The players did fail on Saturday beaten fair and square by a bigger stronger better team but they have had a lot of years getting to that stage which I would hope we can do that in the next 2/3 years.
    Luton's journey took about 14 years to go up 4 divisions(including 5 in NL) and they have one player left from that time if we are to progress I see and hope for the same pathway.
    Most of us think we know the players who aren't good enough and LW certainly does but they were squad fillers on I would imagine very low wages(I've heard some figures not much difference than working in a supermarket)and could we bring in better for the same money ?
    Last season we were lucky with injuries and a small squad this season seems to be the opposite at present hopefully apart from Scott & Baj and LW certainly didn't envisage the game time one or two of the squad members have had.
    So I'm happy to call the players but those players for me give 100% and aren't quite good enough but we have a Division 2 budget and are operating at a loss so I accept their failings - also if we were still in the NL without transfer restrictions I think we might have brought a couple of players in and hopefully we will in January.
    I would hope that no-one calls for LW in at least the next 2 years but I've seen how these things pan out, I was shocked v FGR how fans changed in the 15 minutes when they pulled it back to 2-2 and if they had gone 3-2 up I think judging by Saturday some would have walked out then.
    Most of us said that we would be happy with halfway this season challenging for the playoffs but our start has raised expectation and a lot of fans now think we should win every game like the NL and momentum grows very quickly when things aren't going well .. and fans are very impatient.
    Last edited by Proactive not Reactive; 17-10-2023 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    The managing went as far as the FA Cup so get your facts right please !!
    You ought to try managing it will help you understand the game more 😜
    Demanding really !! It’s a way we can help the team as mentioned by LW numerous times
    Look up the word supporter 👍
    So just out of interest who did you manage ? this may help me and others understand the game more......

I was shocked v FGR how fans changed in the 15 minutes when they pulled it back to 2-2
    I was sat in the kop for this game, and although you could (understandably) sense the nerves, there was definitely a lot of support to gee the lads up

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    So just out of interest who did you manage ? this may help me and others understand the game more......
    Football Manager 2023

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySeaDog View Post
    I was sat in the kop for this game, and although you could (understandably) sense the nerves, there was definitely a lot of support to gee the lads up
    Didn't seem it in the Pavis

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I've managed a number of clubs in Nottinghamshire Saturdays and Sundays although I know it was another sarcastic comment.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Football Manager 2023
    So what have you managed Keldsyke apart from last night's tea ?

So what have you managed Keldsyke apart from last night's tea ?
    Don't go there, you will only be embarrassed....

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast