+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FA Cup First Round Draw

That's a fair trek for Horsham supporters.

Home tie, happy wi that

An away tie I reckon would have guaranteed live tv coverage and dare I say a positive outcome given our home record .

On a reight hiding to nowt with this tie .

TOO RIGHT " a" ESPECIALLY IF COLLINS PICKS AN UNDERSTRENGH
    STARTING LINEUP IE POMPEY

Of course it's an hiding to nowt but this lot are 7th tier of the english game. Mind you, some of our players or potential signings are from that level too!

£10 / £5 / £1 ticket prices a must to get a decent gate.

Hopefully Neill and Jon don't play too many kids and non league players against the non league outfit, who will be up for it.

Hopefully we are not the lead FA Cup story in the media afterwards. Just a quiet routine victory please.

Guesses on attendances Gents?

I will go 3285 if no price offer.

Normal match day prices 3735

Decent ticket offer 4921

Great opportunity to draw one of the big boys, such as Bolton or Derby, in the second round.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 16-10-2023 at 11:05 AM.

[QUOTE=SBRed48;403

Great opportunity to draw one of the big boys, such as Bolton or Derby, in the second round.[/QUOTE]

We are bigger than them 2 clubs according to the league table but hay o'.

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    We are bigger than them 2 clubs according to the league table but hay o'.
    Collliers only contributes on here every few months when he hopes to have a dig at me.

Another epic failure.

It was a joke mi owd, a joke, relating to the irony of the use of the term "big boys" by the media in FA Cup draws. Such a shame he has now become bitter and lost that sense of humour he used to have.

Back to the BBS.and keep trying every few months.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 17-10-2023 at 02:30 AM.

Its strange with me, years ago the fa cup was a big day in my footballing calendar but now a days I really have to push myself to find the start button , it actually killed it for me when teams were trying to pull out of playing & it seem to me that nowadays clubs only start to get serious from the 5th round onwards , apathy maybe , I don"t know but I just get the feeling that there is that much money & prestige involved in the premier league that the FA cup has become an inconvenience to the big boys , whilst the powers that be recognise this & keep altering the format to appease the premiership elite but sadly the gloss has gone off the competition certainly until the latter stages .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12