+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Positivity thread

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Spot on, how can LW not see that when we've been saying it for years?
    Luke doesn't recruit, he's given what he's got and told to get on with it.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 14-10-2023 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Fixed quote code error

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    We missed Cameron! Rawlinson left of a back 3 ...never again please.We should have had chicksen there !! Every time Rawlo got the ball it was only going one way back across the back line that were already being closed down !!
    Just got back from the match
    Well we were not at full strength today as Cameron and Jones were out and Baldwin went off early in the second half, all key players that got us promoted in the first place

We started well, scored the goal then just sat back, a little like Barrow the week before. The amount of times the ball was passed back to Slocambe was crazy. There was no urgency to get forward, nothing
    I said at half time to other supporters , if we carry on messing about we will lose, what made it worse the damage came from 2 set piece corners, its basic bread and butter you got to get to the ball first, yet we Notts were just standing watching

Positive is , i think Mansfield were fortunate to win 4-1 mainly due to 2 poor set pieces , we had key players missing, and one just hours before the match, we were the architects of our on downfall backing off, chalk it up to a bad day at the office, we move on

[QUOTE=marshall55;40371485]
    Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Spot on, how can LW not see that when we've been saying it for years?[/QUOTE
    Luke doesn't recruit, he's given what he's got and told to get on with it.
    This is what worries me. If the club don’t come up with what is required then he will be off.

Perhaps he sees the bigger picture and won’t throw his toys out the pram after every bump in the road

Quote Originally Posted by macse15 View Post
    Perhaps he sees the bigger picture and won’t throw his toys out the pram after every bump in the road
    Yep and I knew some of our fans would react like this when we had a blip/beating.

Some have an arrogance we should go up but we've been in these lower leagues for years and its not easy.

Im confident we'll finish top half but some will see it as failure but I dont you need to build a platform which we have done each season under these owners.

Last thing we want is fans getting angry and our owners walking away this model they have is good.

Top of the league, purely by luck. Comedy gold.
    This is hopefully as weak as we are going to be, against the best side we have played. I am not sure how you defend a corner straight onto the head of the tallest player on the pitches head.
    I thought Rawlinson was great today, on his weaker side.
    A lot of misplaced passes in midfield, and poor clearances from SS, handed Mansfield the initiative, too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We have been very lucky. Forest Green Rovers , Tranmere and Swindon all were unlucky not to have taken points from us. Then there was Sutton, who haven't won a game since and then the shambles at Colchester... We have been top of the league purely by luck...
    Yeah ok FGR unlucky 🤣🤣🤣

Tranmere were playing 10 men dont forget and we bossed the game.

Swindon are a good side for this level watch that first half again and tell me we should have been 5-0 up nevermind 3-0.

Sutton played against 10 men for 75 minutes lets not forget but it could been what we needed.

Colchester agreed we were crap

[QUOTE=1955pie;40371496]
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall55 View Post

This is what worries me. If the club don’t come up with what is required then he will be off.
    When have the owners not backed the manager?

Just to add, I thought our fans started to show their true colours today, by turning on the team, very embarrassing after all the credit they have put in the bank.

Agree 1959! (Don’t say that very often! lol). It’s natural to be disappointed but this is when you support the team/ the club not tear them to shreds

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast