+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 91 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by thefulltenyards View Post
    I said earlier on this thread that if I were Ruben I would recommend Williams.

If an official approach comes in I'm confident Williams will reject it.
    There was no hint in Williams' interview yesterday that he was focused on anything other than Notts' next match. I think it would take a very big offer from a very big club to turn his head, and I don't think Oxford come into that category. A bit like Bristol city, they're already performing at or near their maximum realistic level, much like Forest Green were when Ian Burchnall made the strange and ill-fated decision to join them. All an incoming manager could really hope to achieve with an Oxford or a Bristol City is slight improvement or treading water, while the risk of regression is considerable.

What makes you think Oxford are performing at their maximum?

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Basically on his post match interview was asked about lampard rumours or something and he said he wanted Luke Williams.
    On the post match interview I saw he never mentions the manager situation, any link?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Git View Post
    What makes you think Oxford are performing at their maximum?
    Their average position in the pyramid this century is 75th, their average gate last season was the 60th best in the 92.
    That doesn't mean they can't go up and do well in tier 2, but those stats would suggest the odds are against that happening and that the amazing years they had under Robert Maxwell will remain a one off.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Let’s hope he’s still as big a bullsh!tter as when he was hinting he might sign another contract.
    I remember that when he damn well knew he wasn't going to stay.

Seems there's quite a few who would like Craig Short to continue as manager

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    the amazing years they had under Robert Maxwell will remain a one off.
    especially now their manager has jumped ship as well

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    On the post match interview I saw he never mentions the manager situation, any link?
    On Tom Williams Twitter

https://x.com/tomhwilliams23/status/...967787935?s=48

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Explains why I didn't see it, I don't use X

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Their average position in the pyramid this century is 75th, their average gate last season was the 60th best in the 92.
    That doesn't mean they can't go up and do well in tier 2, but those stats would suggest the odds are against that happening and that the amazing years they had under Robert Maxwell will remain a one off.
    How would these stats compare to say Bournemouth or Luton, Wigan, Brighton even? All performers in Premiership recently. I really rate LW and hope he stays a very long time but don't assume Oxford or similar are forced to a natural level based on past expectations.

I don't think Luke Williams would go to Oxford but I actually think if Bristol City had pushed hard to get him I actually think he would have gone there, I'm relieved they've got Manning instead.

Page 13 of 91 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast