+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Pete O'Rourke who runs the football insider website is saying it's MKD and they're talking about it on their forum.

16 games in charge is nowhere near enough IMO.

Giving any manager less than a season is a strategic mistake, unless they're about to get you relegated and you are very, very sure you've got a significantly improved replacement lined up.

Sacking a manager without a replacement lined up that you are reasonably sure is better, is another strategic mistake. Not sure if that's the play here but usually it is...

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    This bit caught my attention:

He continued: "It's nothing to do with luck - 'I hope our luck changes". Is there such a thing as a "super oxymoron"? There is now........

Best thing that can happen to MK Frenchfries is for them to drop into the NL and earn their OWN RIGHT to play in the FL rather than steal/buy someone else's.

If Ray Trew or Alan Hardy still owned the club then I honestly think Luke Williams would have been on shaky ground after Saturday's result.

For me the Football League should ask for registration of your manager/head coach at the start of the season and clubs only have January to dismiss him during the season .. and that with good reason otherwise the club has to keep the same Manager for the season

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    For me the Football League should ask for registration of your manager/head coach at the start of the season and clubs only have January to dismiss him during the season .. and that with good reason otherwise the club has to keep the same Manager for the season
    They get paid up, I'm sure at championship level and above they're more than happy to get their pay and play golf until they're picked up again on the merry-go-round.

So we would have been forced to stick with Jamie Fullarton even though it was clearly a disastrous appointment?

It's a thought, but if football went down this road, I wonder if it would be better for it to be similar to players... so clubs can sign a free agent at any time, but staff under contract with other teams only during transfer windows. Sacking stays unrestricted, but options for replacements are limited.

So a team could sack their manager and appoint someone unemployed (or perhaps an assistant manager or a coach at another club, though we could forbid that too) but couldn't poach someone else's manager outside the transfer window. Or during the season, with a manager window open only in the summer.

Think it's the poaching of someone else's manager mid-season (or unsettling rumours) that's the main disruptor, and that can be very unfair on the poachee's team.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    They get paid up, I'm sure at championship level and above they're more than happy to get their pay and play golf until they're picked up again on the merry-go-round.
    Most clubs certainly below the Premier League are running at a loss, most of them at a big loss that they wouldn't be able to trade in any other industry.
    They have 3/4 managers per season and with that 3 or 4 squads(as us last time in Division 2)the owners then walk away and you end up in an Oldham/Bury/S****horpe situation .. and almost us.
    If you limit how many managers/players you can have a season surely it makes football clubs more sustainable and levels the playing field

Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast